• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gate works needed.

boxboy

can I be your friend...
Gate workers needed.

DNR is looking for people wanting to open/close the gates at Reiter this winter October/November/December over the weekends. If you would like to see Reiter remain open all winter and not have seasonal closures please volunteer to help.

Let me know if you can help and I can get you in contact with DNR.

Scott

Last edited:
If it was like last year, you could just sign up for 1 shift either open or close for each day. Open at 9 am and close at 4 pm I think

It is 9 to 5 Saturday and Sunday... you can get a morning or evening shift provided both are covered if no one is going to close the gate then it doesn't get opened.

No camping spots but you can pull up along deer flats road outside the gate.

if there are volunteers who are going to be responsible to look after the place and open and close the gate as appropriate yes... but if no one opens it then no it won't be open.

Will there be somewhere on the DNR site saying if they have somebody working each day or not? Would be awesome if they had a calendar so you could know if it was open or not

Will there be somewhere on the DNR site saying if they have somebody working each day or not? Would be awesome if they had a calendar so you could know if it was open or not

Good point, how does anyone know when the place is open?

Another question is will it always be a gated entrance? I don't know of any other ORV area that is gated that must be opened and closed daily?

Don't get me wrong, I get the reasons why at this point with construction and equipment in place.

When reiter is completed it will be open 7 days a week daylight hours like all the others but as DNR is out building the trails during the week its not good to also have the users in the way... So until completed it will be weekends only...

well as it stands there is only one weekend so far covered so there is nothing to put on a calender...

Will the gate be open Sunday? Want to take the bike out and see the progress.