• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gatlinburg/pigeon forge

I used to love Ober Gatlinburg as a kid....you know, a couple years ago. lol I'm sure it's changed a little but that alpine slide, ice skating, and a shitload of arcade games and inflatables, I drained dad's wallet everytime we went begging to play more games :****:

Also hiked up Clingman's Dome way back when....was pretty neat, but not as fun and exciting as other attractions.

I also suggest hitting The Lost Sea (underground lake / cave tour). It's on the way and it's only a few miles off the Sweetwater exit, very simple to find. That underground lake is cool as ****, when you get to the bottom, they carry you on a boat ride across the lake and throw out feed for the fish. The kiddos would probably enjoy that.

Here's my hardline thread from my 3rd trip there back in September. Go to the last page for pics. Pics do it no justice, since it's so dark in there....but it is freaking amazing how vastly open some portions of that cave is, especially the huge underground lake. It's like some **** off of a movie.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=27035.25

The peddler steakhouse flashemifyougotem

Love going to Newfound Gap and Clingmans Dome. Just went over thanksgiving. Clingmans dome is closed in Dec-March, though. Tail of the Dragon is a nice drive, too.

ALLJ said:
GOFORTH TIRE !!! since you that close

X2! Scott is a good dude, straight shooter.

Personally, if I was a foreigner like yourself and didn't live 45 min from Pigeon Forge, I would get a cabin in Townsend. It's WAAAAY quieter, has a "good ol' days" feel to it, and is a short drive from Cades Cove, Pigeon Forge, and is not tourist-y. You'll beat yourself in the face with a phone book if you get a G-burg cabin next to 60 drunk high schoolers.It's been known to happen. Just remember, Christmas is a peak season and it's gonna be packed up there.

As for food, try Huck Finn's in Pigeon Forge. Ask for Joey Moore and tell him Mike @ 5brosfab sent you. He'll do you right. It's good home cooking, country fried steak is my favorite and it'll make you wanna slap your momma it's so good!

If you want company, holler at us. There's a few of us live pretty close to it and we're always down for the brewery! :dblthumb:

I can't go down there without going to the old mill, best food ever and the servings are huge, titanic, and the aquarium are also 2 of our favorites, and gotta go to ole smokey moonshine, and winery's for the wife

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check on magaritaville's new hotel it's on what they're calling the island, it seems to be tge poop. We're going to try it next time we go

I just moved to Knoxville.

The locals do what's called the "moonshine crawl" in Gburg.
You start at Ol' Smokey, then go down a block to Sugarland, then go another block to Davey Crocket whisky..... repeat.
It'll take a little while to hit all 3. When you start over, just go to a different bar each time. Listen to some free bluegrass in-between places.
Free moon shine shots, & free bluegrass.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Same suggestions from me if ya didn't do them before. :drinkers:

After reviewing this thread last night I realized there was so much we didn't do, and we were busy the whole time! I'm pretty excited about this trip

race_jeep said:
After reviewing this thread last night I realized there was so much we didn't do, and we were busy the whole time! I'm pretty excited about this trip

Well, again-

Townsend (for peace and quiet)

Huck Finns (DAMN good food)

Holler at me when ya get here, nice to meet hardline folk.

:dblthumb:

Hidden Mtn cabins. All sizes from one room to as many ppl you could stand.
Hot tubs and fireplaces. Villas also. We have a villa for thanksgiving week

Vacation valley cabin rentals gave us the best deal on a cabin this past Memorial week their a lil family owned business they have a small office in Sevierville phone number is (865)908-9290. We had to go thru another company 4th of July week because the other place had booked up so we used believe it was American Patriot rentals it was over priced cabin had more of a view but took 30 minutes or longer to get back to the strip in pigeon forge and they could have cared less that half the **** in the cabin was on it's last leg or already tore up when we called to tell them,they couldn't give me a free week in a cabin again.. We enjoy going to Dollywood,Cade's Cove,moon shining in Gatlinburg is good too,Mexican restaurant in Gatlinburg after moonshine always good at no way Jose's Catina,old mill in Pigeon Forge great place to eat but our favorite place for some pizza is Big Daddy's

Re:

I am down here this week, checked out the Margaritaville hotel, won't be open til Oct 10. Average of $180 a night, fancy Margarita blender in the rooms. Looked pretty cool

We just got home last night from a drunken weekend down there. It was the worst trip I've had there. Took us 4 cabins before we finally got 1 we could stay it. 1st place had a 2" roach cross the floor when we first walked in, 2nd place was only available that night, 3rd place was a dump, so we made ghat company refund out money and ended up getting a place w timber tops (who we always used brfore) after we were finally in s cabin, the trip was awesome as usual. We spent most of out time at the bars and people watching. We rented rzr's 1 day. Was kinda nice and kind of a waste of money all at once. Definitely made me want a 4 seater though.

Once again I will swear by hidden mountain resorts for cabin rentals, located right down the road from the apple restaurant. I've never had a single issue there in 20 years.we stay there at least twice a year

Latest posts