• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gatlinburg/pigeon forge

My wife and i went there on our hunny moon two years ago and drove through cheifland and did some gold mining, found some big saphires and being it was september(color for the month) i had them cut into earings there on the spot, also did gatlinberg and saw the aquarium and stars cars which was awesome! Also did cades cove and spent entire day there its peaceful, mostly enjoyed filling up the rental and taken it threw the mountains as theres plenty to see just by drivin, of course i scared my wife going up the drive way in a front wheel drive car i turned traction control of and did a lil bouncing!!!! Just go and do whatever cause that time of year the scenery will be beautiful :dblthumb:

The wife just booked a condo for Sat Oct 25th through Tue Oct 28th at the Wyndham Smoky Mountain place in Seviersville. We would've gotten a cabin if her sister was coming with their boy, but it will most likely just be us and our 3.5 yr old boy with my wife's parents possibly coming too. We are planning on hitting Dollywood one day, and I'd like to ride up to Clingman's Dome one afternoon or morning to check it out too. I'm not sure what else we are going to do or is good for a 3.5 year old. Any suggestions on where else to take a 3.5 yr old boy while up there?

drkelly said:
The wife just booked a condo for Sat Oct 25th through Tue Oct 28th at the Wyndham Smoky Mountain place in Seviersville. We would've gotten a cabin if her sister was coming with their boy, but it will most likely just be us and our 3.5 yr old boy with my wife's parents possibly coming too. We are planning on hitting Dollywood one day, and I'd like to ride up to Clingman's Dome one afternoon or morning to check it out too. I'm not sure what else we are going to do or is good for a 3.5 year old. Any suggestions on where else to take a 3.5 yr old boy while up there?

Star Cars if he's anything like mine. And Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Are there any other good places to ride around like cades cove?

I can remember riding around for hours as a kid looking at old farms and stuff, or maybe it just felt like hours cuz I was bored to death

Hillbilly golf in gburg and the island has some things to do and there are two seat go carts at alot of places but forsure dollywood, as you are going up towards the dome there is a great lunch spot in a big curve on your right the creek flows right by the picnic tables it is a awesome spot

There's a lil auto scenic trail in downtown Gatlinburg,I can't remember what # redlight but it is the one with the space needle,you can turn up the hill beside it and keep straight til the road angles off to the right. I always ride thru there it's pretty nice views,lil cabins and walking trails but about halfway thru it if you'll take the longer road to the right it will follow a creek full of waterfalls down a hill and I guarantee ya brakes on your car going to smell toasty by the end of the road.

race_jeep said:
Are there any other good places to ride around like cades cove?

I can remember riding around for hours as a kid looking at old farms and stuff, or maybe it just felt like hours cuz I was bored to death

Go to Pigeon Forge on the main drag, turn onto Wears Valley. Stop and GPS Townsend, Tn and follow it. That's probably the road y'all took, pretty and scenic, also another way to get to Cades Cove.

Re:

Just got home from down there last night. If anybody is looking for a nice, cheap place to stay. I highly recommend econolodge riverside. It's right next door to the Christmas place. Paid $55 a night for a king room. It was good and clean, and they also have free hot breakfast everyday. Buscuits, gravy, sausage.

Re:

Add AMSE in Oak Ridge if you want something to do on the way home. Drove up there yesterday and had a good time with the wife and kids.

Bumping this back up....
Me and the wife heading down Thursday and coming home Sunday. Anything new to check out?
Going to the Lumberjack Fued Thursday night and definitely hitting the Blue Moose for some wings and cold beer :eat: :drinkers: and will be sippin' some shine. Sure we'll cruise through Cade's Cove and have to do some shopping (rather be kicked in the nuts) but gotta keep momma happy. :cougar:

Btw...staying at Eagles Ridge cabins in Pigeon Forge

Just don't plan to eat at the lumber jack show it was costly and not worth it and I also love the wings at the blue moose just had them a few weeks ago we rode a new ride up in gatlinburg the alpine coster it was.awesome and not been opened long good luck and have fun

alrider said:
There's a lil auto scenic trail in downtown Gatlinburg,I can't remember what # redlight but it is the one with the space needle,you can turn up the hill beside it and keep straight til the road angles off to the right. I always ride thru there it's pretty nice views,lil cabins and walking trails but about halfway thru it if you'll take the longer road to the right it will follow a creek full of waterfalls down a hill and I guarantee ya brakes on your car going to smell toasty by the end of the road.

We went up there in late October of 2014 and drove that road. It is called the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail. That was the highlight of the trip for me. Fall colors were peak, and no rain. We stopped at a few different places to hike off the road. I HIGHLY recommend it, especially during the fall.

Also highly recommend the Laurel Falls trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is a little less than 3 miles round trip. It is paved, which makes it very easy. My almost 4 yr old boy made it out and back. We were limited in what hiking we could do with him.

We also went to Ober Gatlinburg. My boy had a good time riding all of the little rides. There was a blue grass band playing at the top of the chair lift. It was cool to just sit there taking in the great fall colors/views while listening to the music.

We also hit Dollywood one day of course.

I told the wife I definitely want to go back.

http://www.smokiesadventure.com/smokymountains/explorations/roaring_fork_motor_nature_trail.htm

Latest posts