• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gauging interest.. NORTH ride

sledneck

Alright alright ... Just thinking out loud how many would be interested in a HR ride that's above lower KY? :stir: I know there is a good amount of us from PA, WV, OH, MI etc. and were always dragging are junk 10-12+ hours south. Sooo how many would want to get together for a ride and where? I know there will be a few guys that say Rausch creek but I would honestly like some place that offers a bit more variety than just rocks. I would vote Wellsville OH it may be some what of a central area. I will be 100% honest that towing and parking there SUCKS!!! BUT.... You can ride 24-7 and not that I condone :drinkers: and riding its more than acceptable there. You could ride all weekend and hit different trails from hill killin to creek beds to rocks. Post up thoughts or potential parks and dates etc. JohnG not sure if this belongs in trail rides or not I just put here to see if it gets a few more views. Please feel free to move it if you want.

Re: Gauging interest.. Hardline NORTH ride

I may be interested. Not sure about wells ills. Is it still a gray area? Or did they get the issues w that figured out?

Im game but yeah it's technically tresspassing on most of the trails, maybe hit bear wallow later in year when its opened up and broke in a little, but honestly we dont have anything big enough to support such a group to make em happy imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in it would be nice to ride closer to home. Bear wallow is one I'll be checking out for sure.

I'd be down. Unfortunately, I only know of 2 parks remotely close, RC and the other may as well be RC (maybe 1/2 hour away) but with less established trails.

Beerj said:
I'd be down. Unfortunately, I only know of 2 parks remotely close, RC and the other may as well be RC (maybe 1/2 hour away) but with less established trails.
Anthracite? Haha Glad to see the Internet hype of Wellsville is still alive and kicking lol. I have never been to Swiss but that would be another place in WV that has some established trails. If and when we get enough people we can just start a poll and let everyone vote on a list of parks. I just mentioned Wellsville because it's cheap you can ride all day and it should be somewhat of a central location. BeerJ how much is it to go to RC for the weekend?

I went to Wellsville 8-10 years ago now, I'd heard that the easy accesses were closed off the next year with a power plant project of some sort going in?
It was a pretty good time but seemed really sketchy. Reminded me a LOT of the area around AOAA when I toured that a couple years before the park opened: a combination drunken free-for-all and garbage dump.

I don't know where I'd be comfortable leaving a nice tow rig and trailer around there. Everyone I was there with last time had plated rigs. I miss being able to just street drive my junk when places like that are the destination.

You think JohnG might need to be involved in this? You wouldn't have a Madram filming party and not invite Cole or BK and not invite Matt

sledneck said:
Anthracite? Haha Glad to see the Internet hype of Wellsville is still alive and kicking lol. I have never been to Swiss but that would be another place in WV that has some established trails. If and when we get enough people we can just start a poll and let everyone vote on a list of parks. I just mentioned Wellsville because it's cheap you can ride all day and it should be somewhat of a central location. BeerJ how much is it to go to RC for the weekend?
Yeah, AOAA was the other one. I've been there once but only saw a little since we had to explore to find stuff.

They (RC) upped the daily entry to $40 for the vehicle and driver. Also have to become a member which is another $15 one time. Passengers are $7 daily.
So a first timer with rig for 2 days would be $95. Kinda salty but there's not really any competition to make them lower their rates. Also, RC allows camping whereas AOAA does not.

Haha. That would be awsome if we all loaded up and drove 12 hours to ride and went to jail for trespassing! Hahahahahahaha. Dude I'd kill someone. Ha that's some funny ****..

OK so the internet folklore behind Wellsville is obviously to much to over come lol so we can figure out some other places if there is any interest.

muddinmetal said:
You think JohnG might need to be involved in this? You wouldn't have a Madram filming party and not invite Cole or BK and not invite Matt

Ha, would not be a Forum Ride that far north, as I just don't know the logistics of the parks in the area. However, always good to get a group of like minded enthusists together anywhere on the globe.

Gauging interest.. Hardline NORTH ride

Wellsville really not that shady on a normal werkend , if you go on a holiday weekend u will kill someone or yourself from dealing with drunk idiots, parking really sucks especially if it rains, not 2wd tow rig friendly if its wet and not to mention the million pallet fires and busted beer bottles, i dont like parking there in my tow rig, theres a new park down the road called Phoenix offroad park, havent been there yet but its promising, i still say wv is best option

Dave from Oaktree is leasing the the forbidden zone now up past scobby. He has actually been taking care of the road going up the hill now and its cleaned up on top at least it was last weekend. How is swiss WV is there enough there to ride all weekend?

sledneck said:
Dave from Oaktree is leasing the the forbidden zone now up past scobby. He has actually been taking care of the road going up the hill now and its cleaned up on top at least it was last weekend. How is swiss WV is there enough there to ride all weekend?

that rings a bell, Forbidden Zone is how we went in back then.
We exited through what I'd heard would now be a power plant site.