• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gauging interest.. NORTH ride

I was just throwing out a idea for a ride for the forum members that don't live in the dirty south. It seems like there enough members that are in some northern and Midwest states that we could throw something together. As how far north???? Didn't matter, I was hoping there would be more interest and we could just do a poll of a few places to wheel and let the members vote and go from there. Doesn't seem like there is much interest though.

Re: Re: Gauging interest.. NORTH ride

sledneck said:
I was just throwing out a idea for a ride for the forum members that don't live in the dirty south. It seems like there enough members that are in some northern and Midwest states that we could throw something together. As how far north???? Didn't matter, I was hoping there would be more interest and we could just do a poll of a few places to wheel and let the members vote and go from there. Doesn't seem like there is much interest though.
Guess y'all need to move!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

pholmann said:
Not sure why anyone would live north of Lexington anyway. Especially if they've ever visited the south. :dunno:

I would definitely move south, but I don't have the balls to up and move my family down south for hoping my business will do what it does up here.

sledneck said:
I think theres enough interest to get something worked out, im game for a wellsville ride, i know a few who prob be game, and nothing wrong with ohio wheeling, just need to mash the skinny pedal more, i still think something in wv is the best idea

I'll just throw this out. I know there's talk of possibly getting more of the Hatfield and McCoy parks open to full size rigs but don't quote me on that. Bear Wallow and Rockhouse are just a hanfull of miles away from each other.

Re: Re: Gauging interest.. NORTH ride

canepari said:
I'll just throw this out. I know there's talk of possibly getting more of the Hatfield and McCoy parks open to full size rigs but don't quote me on that. Bear Wallow and Rockhouse are just a hanfull of miles away from each other.
I'm down for this.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

dynajeep said:
I would definitely move south, but I don't have the balls to up and move my family down south for hoping my business will do what it does up here.

It would definitely be hard unless you worked for a company that had locations in the south you could transfer to. I imagine it would be near impossible if you own a business up there. That's completely starting over. I would think either would be tough. Move away from everything and everyone you know. Definitely overwhelming. Luckily I've always lived either here or southeastern Kentucky and even more specific luckily more here in Knoxville.

pholmann said:
It would definitely be hard unless you worked for a company that had locations in the south you could transfer to. I imagine it would be near impossible if you own a business up there. That's completely starting over. I would think either would be tough. Move away from everything and everyone you know. Definitely overwhelming. Luckily I've always lived either here or southeastern Kentucky and even more specific luckily more here in Knoxville.

Spot on man, I could go work for someone else doing what I do, but the pay wouldn't be anywhere near what it is owning your own company. You guys have it made down there for our hobby though, bad as wheeling with 2-4 hours. Totally jealous here

**** don't let tony cloud the truth. I can barely afford the house I have. Well, it's not so much the house but the upkeep that goes with the rest of the place. Fuel for the tractors, spray for the pastures, twine for the balers, fence posts, fence wire, bla bla bla. All that **** adds up. Guess I could let it run down and look like :JRich: live here but I don't think the misses would be too pleased with that, and she controls half the money and all of the *****.

Re:

Must not be hurting for money too bad! Tony said he's been begging your for a 6.0 to put in his Mustang but you won't sell him one!

Well it's kinda like this, it's wrong. Sticking a Chevy motor in a ford would be like getting a blow job from a dude. Just because you can do it don't make it right.

And don't mistake what I was saying. I'm by no means hurting for money but I damn sure couldn't handle a second house payment. If I could it would be spent on a lake lot here at home.

Re:

So just because he bought a Ford means he can't have some reliable power?

Nope. Not if it means cross breeding ****. And I'll correct you, the ford is reliable but the 4.6 does not have power.