• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Generic ass tire question

Ok so let's keep in mind that at times I pop off emotionally before I have 100% of the facts. I only have my personal experience. I don't know anyone else who runs them.

So it makes me really wonder if it has more to do with supply and demand along with the cost difference of both.

Out east where you guys wheel, there's no shortage of coin so if it were solely a cost issue I can't see that stopping a large group from buying them.

Though it seems to be related to circulation of each. There are a million 39s out there even while you had to be a "racer" to get them so it's pretty easy to get a fairly priced set of 39s and a 17" wheel is real common.

As soon as someone says I wanna try that 42 red then you gotta buy a million dollar 20" wheel and buy them new from BFG or a guy who wants full retail in California.

So by the time you jump through all the hoops and spend all that money, I think unconsciously you feel they should out perform any tire ever invented.

So out of the box, even a 39" red is a little slick from oils and such. They need a break in. Though after you got $5k+ in a 42, maybe you forget about that.

I could be wrong but if a 42 red was just as common as a 39" and the cost reflected that, I really think the assessment would be different.

I figure if a couple guys out east cut sidewalls on a 42 red the first time out, the rumors spread quick about it being junk when the tire was made to operate differently than a TSL sticky. Would you agree?

LightBnDr said:
Ok so let's keep in mind that at times I pop off emotionally before I have 100% of the facts. I only have my personal experience. I don't know anyone else who runs them.

So it makes me really wonder if it has more to do with supply and demand along with the cost difference of both.

Out east where you guys wheel, there's no shortage of coin so if it were solely a cost issue I can't see that stopping a large group from buying them.

Though it seems to be related to circulation of each. There are a million 39s out there even while you had to be a "racer" to get them so it's pretty easy to get a fairly priced set of 39s and a 17" wheel is real common.

As soon as someone says I wanna try that 42 red then you gotta buy a million dollar 20" wheel and buy them new from BFG or a guy who wants full retail in California.

So by the time you jump through all the hoops and spend all that money, I think unconsciously you feel they should out perform any tire ever invented.

So out of the box, even a 39" red is a little slick from oils and such. They need a break in. Though after you got $5k+ in a 42, maybe you forget about that.

I could be wrong but if a 42 red was just as common as a 39" and the cost reflected that, I really think the assessment would be different.

I figure if a couple guys out east cut sidewalls on a 42 red the first time out, the rumors spread quick about it being junk when the tire was made to operate differently that a TSL sticky. Would you agree?

The guy who makes them says they are different & don't work as well... The south is the poorest region of the country, so money isn't it. I do enjoy the thought put into your theory and think it may be right in some cases. But, no one on earth thinks a sticky sx is an good in the rocks as any red label. You have a hell of a tire and they work great, but the 39 is stickier and conforms better, but is smaller. Compromise... They should have just made the ****ers in a 17 and been done with it :****:

LightBnDr said:
I love em and I didn't pay out the butt for em. So I feel like that takes away the common pitbull rocker syndrome where I paid 750 a tire and if they work like a buttered ass crack, I'm gonna tell you I love em. Lol

This made me laugh btw

So then my only question would be what reason would BFG have to mix a totally different compound in a 42 red label vs a 39?

If that's true, there had to be a legitimate reason for the decision.

I know that there was a different type of request made for a 42. Had to be related to classes of competition that allowed a 42 but needed a sticky in order to be competitive.

Just would seem to be an odd business decision to reformulate a compound with no reason behind it?

Yeah it made me laugh typing it. Lmao
Reminded me of a the handful of 44" pitbull rocker owners I have talked to over the years.

Hey no hating on you pitbull guys personally. I love wheeling with you just the same