• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GM, Ford ,or Dodge

Among the nation one of the best questions is to ask what brand vechicle you prefer lets find out wh

• Total voters
My family has a thing for black Chevys.

Mine

Brothers

Dads

At the end of the day, they are all good trucks. To me it's whatever you grew up around.

85toyo said:
At the end of the day, they are all good trucks. To me it's whatever you grew up around.

I disagree. A dodge cannot be put in that category with ford and chevy. Gerrrrrrrrrbage :****:

pholmann said:
I disagree. A dodge cannot be put in that category with ford and chevy. Gerrrrrrrrrbage :****:

You have a good point. The cummins fits in that group, not the truck itself.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
GM till I die. I'd hate to have to figure out new ways to argue with people if I changed brands.

I am a gm man. But I did the unthinkable, bought a Ford. Here's the thing it is diesel, if it had been gas I would still own a gm. Sometimes I have to retrain my thinking with smoking deals.

I heard that you have to pull the cab off of the new Powerstroke trucks to change the air filter. :stir:

I voted Chevy, when I bought new in 06 we test drove a dodge megacab and it was super nice I had no problems with the truck but they would not move much on there price and the IR%was not that good. I waited and Chevy went to 0% for 72 months and that made my mind up, and we got a great deal on top of that. Good points I have noticed for buying a Chevy,great seats,lots of room inside, a engine that is tried and true same with the trans ( duramax and Allison) onstar, xm radio and 16" wheels tires are Cheaper. I am glad I bought this truck and when I did no DPF and no extra little fuel tank, not sure how long till a new one comes my way but my next one will be a GM.

Always been a Chevrolet guy, but I will say we have some ford's with the 7.3 diesel that are super dependable.

Ford. I have worked on all big 3 diesels, and driven all of them. They all have great drivetrains. However the Ford, hands down, has the best all around package. The body's don't fall apart. I can almost guarantee that there are way more Ford powerstrokes rolling around with 500,000+ miles with the original body and interior still intact. The Duramax and Cummins are up to the task, but not the rest of the truck. This is just my humble opinion, so don't get you panties in a wad if you disagree. The 1999-2003 7.3 Powerstroke Super Duty is probably the best work horse pickup that will ever be built. I have a 2002 F-350 Crew Cab Lariat long box Powerstroke, auto with 275,000 miles, and a 2000 F-250 Extended cab short box Powerstroke with a 6-speed manual with 150,000 miles on it. I plan to own these two trucks the rest of my life, or trade them for other Super Duty 7.3's. They pull anything from loaded stock trailers, to my 35 ft tandem dual flatbed and neither have ever given me problems.

10401996_417777085048579_1673923047608042195_n.jpg

Duramax guy here. Although I did have a 7.3L F350 back in the day that was awesome. Ford lost me when the 6.0 came out.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Ford. But really don't mind a Cummins, just dislike the junk thats wrapped around them.

First time Cummings owner from about three years ago.... bought a 2005 with 95,000 miles on it, 5.9 Cummings, really great hauler but the HVAC system has certain "features" I don't like. I hear the injectors are good for about 140,000 miles, replaced mine at 160,000. but from pulling a 32 foot trailer with two crawlers and a rzr, I just can't imagine a better vehicle. Just my 2 cents. Like all of them it has its quirks, but I like the dodges.