• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gm nuts????

skipnrocks

So I have a 3.8 gm and the starter solenoid that came with it doesn't have any of the nuts on it. Anyone know what size and thread they would be for both the heavy post for battery and ground. As well as the small post that goes to the ignition key

You got a build thread on this kid's buggy? With all the questions/threads you have about it, i am interested in seeing what its looks like.

SBJeepn said:
So I have a 3.8 gm and the starter solenoid that came with it doesn't have any of the nuts on it. Anyone know what size and thread they would be for both the heavy post for battery and ground. As well as the small post that goes to the ignition key

Man I really can't think of a simple way to figure this out.

the_white_shadow said:
You got a build thread on this kid's buggy? With all the questions/threads you have about it, i am interested in seeing what its looks like.

Lol I'll post some pics. I'll have to take them when I get home. It's very different from previous buggies I have built.

gottagofast said:
You starting a new hobby?
Ambiguous thread titles...

Lol gotta have a little fun. And more people view them.

As far as the nuts I can't think of anything short of taking the whole rig to Fastenal. But kinda a pain to start it if I can't bolt down the wires on the starter.

You don't have a drawer/box/bin/pile of random hardware to try?

It's probably metric. Might be standard.
Somthing 3/8" or 10mm or less...

:****:

Metric. But can't remember the threads. I think 12*1.5mm. Get you a thread pitch gauge and it will save you a ton of headache

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Or just go to the parts store, get them to pull a new starter and they will have nuts on them. Then get some to fit.

Id go with draggin the whole buggy to fastenal. Has to be the easyest cheapest most bestest way to find two small nuts and one evan smaller

Bronco72 said:
Id go with draggin the whole buggy to fastenal. Has to be the easyest cheapest most bestest way to find two small nuts and one evan smaller

#how do you haul it?

LOL