• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gm Torsion Bar Tool

mark

I need to change the torsion bar keys in my Dirtymax. Anyone got the proper torsion bar tool that I can borrow? I would rather use the proper tool to be safe about it and I don't really want to buy a $120 tool for one use.

Eastside - Kirkland/Bellevue/Bothell area is my stomping grounds, but can/will drive within reason to pick it up and bring it back. I get downtown Seattle regularly as part of work, also have jobs in Auburn and Bremerton that I get to atleast once a week for the next couple weeks.

I really only need it for probably a day, but hopefully I can have it for a week or so as I need to do it in the driveway (truck no fit in garage :booo:).

Anyone?

:beer: in advance.

I used a C-clamp with the pad removed to do mine.

You check Autozone? They do the free tool rental deal.

I have used a ball joint press several times. It is not perfect but it does work.

I've thought about that, since I do have one have heard of other using them before, but mines a HF special, and I really would rather us the proper tool.

I used a C-clamp with the pad removed to do mine.

You check Autozone? They do the free tool rental deal.

No Autozone's up here (yet) that I know of or frequent. I did just see/here that they are going to build one in Totem Lake... woohoo (sarcasm). O'Reily's rents tools as well, but as of last time I was in there they had nothing in their rental system (anywhere).

I've done my Duramax twice and the wifes Dodge with my good OTC 2-jaw puller. It worked just as good as the proper tool. I wouldn't trust Harbor Freight anything with that much force. There is no way a Pittsburg c-clamp would hold up.

O'Reilly's will rent you one just get it back with-in the 48 hours or you own it.

O'Reilly's will rent you one just get it back with-in the 48 hours or you own it.
Did you find one with the proper tool? Haven't been in lately but like I said, last time I asked they didn't have anything in their system. Atleast the guy behind the counter knew what I was looking for however (maybe that was the problem :haha:)