• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP - SFWDA Dixie Run - September 24-27, 2015

74_Chevota said:
NOS Bombs (or whatever the hell that **** was) will creep up on you quick.

Hahaha, forgot about those! Had an awesome wknd, great to see everyone. My junk faired pretty well for the beatings it was given. Few hrs in the shop and she'll be ready for fall crawl :drinkers:

sandw said:
I was so sore this morning, but had a great time also a big shout out to my neighbors across the volley ball net from panama city best French toast ever. hope to see you again next year and thanks for the use of the tools

Was great to meet you guys! ..and yeah Shawn and Ronda can make some damn fine french toast lol.

We had a great time ...was good to meet those that we got too.

My body hurts today tho fellas :****:...after the rain started and the throttle fest began it was like a three day long car wreck bashing up those big ass rocks lol.

joho75287 said:
Heading to pick up LightBnDr in the AM then we will be eastbound and hammer down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you would have had a guy with a red jeep on a trailer cruising by you on the interstate?

nhl_bullitt said:
Any chance you would have had a guy with a red jeep on a trailer cruising by you on the interstate?
Don't recall getting passed by anyone hauling a rig ;)
Did you see us on the road??

Had a great weekend! Weather had us doing most of our riding late in the day and into the night!

Considering the thrashing, was glad to drive it on the trailer!

Great to meet some folks. Put some faces with some names!

1tonyj said:
My body hurts today tho fellas :****:...after the rain started and the throttle fest began it was like a three day long car wreck bashing up those big ass rocks lol.
The night ride behind the moto cross track beat me up pretty good, my night vision is not that great. I think I bashed the front diff on every rock over there.

I'm just glad we got in on wed so we got a day and a half of dry wheeling. So only a few nasty trails we did in the snotty pooh.

I had a great a time. The group was some of the best I have ever spent a trip with. It was a top notch park with gorgeous rock structure. I felt like we covered a lot of ground. When it was all done I think the only thing we didn't see was the top of crack head and winchin Churchill.

Oh and it was pretty cool to roll up to bounty and remember about 5 years ago or so I watched extreme4x4 religiously. Ian took a rig there and got denied but said if all you guys come out here we'll give you a prize from the show if you post a vid of your rig making it. I drove 12hrs to this park and had no idea that obstacle was at GMP. Lol

I can't say I met any new faces from the board. Lol other than BJ. Even then we yelled across a field at each other and never shook hands.

I didn't see a single WOD rig on the trail. I'm convinced you guys haul 15 hrs for photo shoots......... Lol

But seriously, saw some killer builds at this run. Some really nice high quality art.

Thanks to everyone who made my 12hr trip worth it. You know who you are. :)

I'm glad a lot of new people attended this event this year. It is always a lot of fun. It was great to see every one and I can't wait to ride again.

I like this event because it doesn't revolve around a race. What other hardcore wheeling events go on every year? We may need to start a new thread with those events listed. Am I the only one that thinks these types of events are the most fun?

Woodlee said:
I'm glad a lot of new people attended this event this year. It is always a lot of fun. It was great to see every one and I can't wait to ride again.

I like this event because it doesn't revolve around a race. What other hardcore wheeling events go on every year? We may need to start a new thread with those events listed. Am I the only one that thinks these types of events are the most fun?

Dude you're right, I'd never thought about that. Dixie Run is always a blast (possibly my favorite ride of the year) because it's all people that love wheeling and just want to go riding. To me the community and camaraderie at rides like this is what it's all about.

Woodlee said:

Fall Crawl and AFD Crawl at Harlan used to be the poo back when we all would camp in the Verda Event Field and everyone would get hammered and play on the tires and in the rock garden there after being on the trail all day. There would always be some dumbass a 2am that would try the mud pit and sink his pile.

Re: Re: GMP - SFWDA Dixie Run - September 24-27, 2015

Woodlee said:

This. ....that's what's great about DR. I think we should do an annual spring ride at gmp. Doesn't have to be for anything special, just get together and ride....

matt

Re: Re: Re: GMP - SFWDA Dixie Run - September 24-27, 2015

mcutler said:
This. ....that's what's great about DR. I think we should do an annual spring ride at gmp. Doesn't have to be for anything special, just get together and ride....

matt
I've tried that. Just organizing a ride with no other bs except an invitation.

Then I get bombarded with PMs about accommodations, schedule, etc and try to explain to people that it's a non-event event...

And the park gets a bunch of calls to the office (which is not Anthony and Lisa that actually run/maintain the park) and the office people are are not receptive to anyone organizing anything without making reservations and such...

Woodlee said:

You know how I feel about this...

#trailriderevolution no :tc allowed

Andrew on a serious note. I know it took a lot of convincing from me to to come to the event because you hate crowds and what not.

What did you think about the event?

Again had a great time at Dixie Run. Haven't missed one since 03 seems like they keep getting better every year.Met several new people this year on and off the trail. Let's don't forget to thank all those people that spend their time Working their buts off to make this event what it is.Not going to mention names because I will leave someone out. You know who you are and I send you a big THANKS I know what a pain it can be!!!

Woodlee said:
Andrew on a serious note. I know it took a lot of convincing from me to to come to the event because you hate crowds and what not.

What did you think about the event?

I got ill a couple times with some of the bolt on Jeep dudes sitting in the middle of the trails with their thumbs up their asses but for the most part the hardcore guys rolled with the hardcore guys and the bolt on guys did their thing and we got to ride as much as we wanted. There's definitely less idiots at an event like this than you normally run across at a big race weekend for sure and WAY less gayzrs. I hate to say it but the $109 entry probably filters out a lot of the riff raff. I really enjoyed seeing and riding with all my out of town friends that I normally don't get to see, that was one of the best parts. GMP is a good park for keeping everyone spread out and it doesn't feel overly crowded. Overall I give the weekend 9.5/10, I deducted a half point for the tendinitis I developed in my left elbow from curling silver bullets.

Re: Re: Re: GMP - SFWDA Dixie Run - September 24-27, 2015

TBItoy said:
I've tried that. Just organizing a ride with no other bs except an invitation.

Then I get bombarded with PMs about accommodations, schedule, etc and try to explain to people that it's a non-event event...

And the park gets a bunch of calls to the office (which is not Anthony and Lisa that actually run/maintain the park) and the office people are are not receptive to anyone organizing anything without making reservations and such...

It's not that bad. I've done it quite a few times now at GMP for a ride I've been hosting since 2007. It's invite only for close friends to just get together and ride and party. We usually have 25 rigs and about 50+ people. I just email the park directly, get on the calendar, let them know my expected numbers, and I usually reserve one of the smaller pavilions because that covers everyone's primitive camping. Anything above/beyond that, I turn the park email over the the group and anyone can email the park directly for any other reservations they may want (bunkhouses, RV hookup, etc). It's always been a smooth easy process. Just let the park know your plans up front. They even make me feel like they appreciate the business and we're quite the rowdy bunch!