• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goin' to KOH for first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its the thursday before that would put you there friday of saturday. If your talking about thurday before the race your going to miss out on the 2 day(wednesday thursday) lcq which is going to be off the hook...better than the race itself.

Motorcylce goggles are a must. When the sand storms hit you will want them. The sand is horrible during the wind storm and i promise one of the days down there you will get to see(well kinda) it. I plan on getting there monday before the race.Hook up with some of the people that know the place and have them show you around. Your gonna love it.

Yeah, I figure it's such a long drive that not being down there for EVERYTHING would kinda be a waste. I'm thinking of heading out at the beginning of the week but would like to know if anyone else is...

Yeah, I figure it's such a long drive that not being down there for EVERYTHING would kinda be a waste. I'm thinking of heading out at the beginning of the week but would like to know if anyone else is...

Im going to leave on the 6th i think.

Is this the right schedule. If so are you going to just be wheeling down there the whole week before?

2010 Schedule **Subject to Change**
Monday February 8:

Towing speed limit in cali is 55mph. I take 5 down to sac then hit 99 to bakersfield, From Bakersfield head towards barstow(cant remember the #). I fuel up all the gas tanks and get food there. Then hit 247(hard to find for a first timer in barstow) down to lucerne. You will get to a 4way stop, take a left(look out for trailers laying in the road) on 247. Once you see a johnson valley orv sign keep a eye out for boone road on your left. You'll probably pass it as i have twice. The first turn around (on the right) is where everyone gets parts shipped red when they break their junk. I think they deliver there on saturdays as well. It gets cold at night, and dont underestimate the wind. Most everyone has ski goggles. During the race some guy sells huge bags of ice for $5. There will be shitters there as well. Look for me, i'll be before the lakebed on the left.

Towing speed limit in cali is 55mph. I take 5 down to sac then hit 99 to bakersfield, From Bakersfield head towards barstow HWY 58. I fuel up all the gas tanks and get food there. Then hit 247(hard to find for a first timer in barstow) down to lucerne. You will get to a 4way stop, take a left(look out for trailers laying in the road) on 247. Once you see a johnson valley orv sign keep a eye out for boone road on your left. You'll probably pass it as i have twice. The first turn around (on the right) is where everyone gets parts shipped red when they break their junk. I think they deliver there on saturdays as well. It gets cold at night, and dont underestimate the wind. Most everyone has ski goggles. During the race some guy sells huge bags of ice for $5. There will be shitters there as well. Look for me, i'll be before the lakebed on the left.

Fixed.

Why is this? I was just gonna take the jeep to get around to watch the race.

If your going to use it as trasportation to and from the trails your fine. I drove all the way down there with my untested tacoma and found that anything and everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Besides the fun of the race and drinkin and hanging out with good friends the trip was a total waste of time for me.

Thanks man She is mostly tube or can easily be repaired with tube so I will be fine with that. What temps are we looking at around that time of year?

60 to 80 during the day.....20s to 40s at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts