• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goin' to KOH for first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that they were having a volunteer sign up on pirate. Anyone done this before?

My crew volunteered last year, we ran check point #5. It was a great way to be apart of the race and the volunteer raffle was bad ass. They kept giving away prizes untill there were no tickets left in the hat. Everybody wins something and some of the stuff was big money.

If you volunteer my advice would be to get a job/check point that is very early or very late on the course. This will give you time to watch more racing when your CP closes or before the racers get to you. CP#5 was at the top of Resolution about 1/2 way through the race so we were pretty well stuck there all day and didn't see as much of the action as I would have liked.

All in all a great experience and it can't be done without the volunteers:awesomework:

I'll be there, leaving here Saturday the 6th. Lots of fuel, water, goggles, etc. as everyone has stated.

Get a race radio. CB's done have the range to keep in touch with your buddies. Race radio you can communicate all over, as well as monitor the race.

I am trailering down there in a 4 door dodge if anybody wants to share fuel costs?

Ive seen video of your driving.... no thanks! :fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

jk, looks like the best way to get there is to carpool it. I sure as hell wouldnt want to make the drive down there myself.

Because its a VERY long haul and good expense. Jeff is just giving some good advice.

Okay. Assuming you're okay with the long haul and the cost and you will be prepared (as much as possible with spare parts, food, water, etc) as well as an understanding that after hardly any seat time, your rig could be down 'n' out, is there nothing one can do without having a competition level buggy? While I've got a buggy, it's not a pro level rig and I'm not a pro driver but I can't help but think there must be something (or multiple somethings) I can enjoy while I'm down there. Am I completely wrong?

Honest inquiry 'cuz while I'm prepared to, I don't really want to waste that much time and money. Oh, and since I've never been there, I'm trying to be one step ahead.

Thanks again

Terry

Okay. Assuming you're okay with the long haul and the cost and you will be prepared (as much as possible with spare parts, food, water, etc) as well as an understanding that after hardly any seat time, your rig could be down 'n' out, is there nothing one can do without having a competition level buggy? While I've got a buggy, it's not a pro level rig and I'm not a pro driver but I can't help but think there must be something (or multiple somethings) I can enjoy while I'm down there. Am I completely wrong?

Honest inquiry 'cuz while I'm prepared to, I don't really want to waste that much time and money. Oh, and since I've never been there, I'm trying to be one step ahead.

Thanks again

Terry

Terry just go down as well prepared as you can!!!!! your buggy will do everything that mark m. and i did in his red truggy!!!!! Oh ya the cell phone bush is everybodys friend!!!!!! next day delivery about 2 miles away from the lake bed if needed....correct me if I'm wrong guys...:; Terry you'll love it down there!!!!!:redneck:

Terry just go down as well prepared as you can!!!!! your buggy will do everything that mark m. and i did in his red truggy!!!!! Oh ya the cell phone bush is everybodys friend!!!!!! next day delivery about 2 miles away from the lake bed if needed....correct me if I'm wrong guys...:; Terry you'll love it down there!!!!!:redneck:

:awesomework::awesomework:

Plenty of trails for all level of rigs.
Plenty of vendor selling parts.

4WheelParts will have 2 semi's of parts down there and said if they don't have what you need they will be running parts every night and will have it in the morning.

plenty of trails for all level of rigs.
Plenty of vendor selling parts.

4wheelparts will have 2 semi's of parts down there and said if they don't have what you need they will be running parts every night and will have it in the morning.

nice!

I'm IN!

Going to KOH. I am gonna be helping out Jason and Keith "BNS" Needless to say I am stoked. This will be my first time there. I will have my rig with me and hope to see a lot of NW-Wheelers there. Keep an eye out for us and come say hi:cool:

Going to KOH. I am gonna be helping out Jason and Keith "BNS" Needless to say I am stoked. This will be my first time there. I will have my rig with me and hope to see a lot of NW-Wheelers there. Keep an eye out for us and come say hi:cool:
I wanna go:booo:

I'm still only 50/50 on going to this KOH thing. Most likely will weight the $1500 (minimum!!!) this trip will cost against buying parts.....RC and/or 1:1 :redneck:

When are you thinking of heading down?

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts