• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goin' to KOH for first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROKRIG

425KRAWLERZ
I'm planning to head down for the week (Mon-Sun) in February to catch the race and wheel the area on the off days. Since I've never been there and don't have first hand experience with the weather, terrain, etc, can those of you who have been make any suggestions re: being prepared for certain things one might not have thought of? Any suggestions that will make the trip more enjoyable? What to watch out for?

In addition, feel free to add input on travel down to Means Lake from Washington.

Thank you in advance,

Terry

I was just looking at going to the race is there a admissin price? What is the nearest city So I can start budgeting.

I'm planning to head down for the week (Mon-Sun) in February to catch the race and wheel the area on the off days. Since I've never been there and don't have first hand experience with the weather, terrain, etc, can those of you who have been make any suggestions re: being prepared for certain things one might not have thought of? Any suggestions that will make the trip more enjoyable? What to watch out for?

In addition, feel free to add input on travel down to Means Lake from Washington.

Thank you in advance,

Terry

Bring baby wipes.....Goggles......lots of water.....an all weather tent if thats what you plan on sleeping in. Lots of spare parts.....stupid things you wouldnt expect to go out or break.Bring extra gas can and fill them before you get there. It is a long hall to tow for gas.Bring your own food as the stand down there is expensive. Plan on having a blast.

I was just looking at going to the race is there a admissin price? What is the nearest city So I can start budgeting.

For you $500 admision. Paid in full a month before the race :awesomework:

I think he ment going to watch the race.....no admission to watch....it would be very hard for them to make you pay as there is so many places to watch from.

Bring baby wipes.....Goggles......lots of water.....an all weather tent if thats what you plan on sleeping in. Lots of spare parts.....stupid things you wouldnt expect to go out or break.Bring extra gas can and fill them before you get there. It is a long hall to tow for gas.Bring your own food as the stand down there is expensive. Plan on having a blast.

Get a canopy and sleep in your rig--MUCH better and with a small tent heater you will be very comphy :awesomework: In feb it can get pretty chilly at night.

Get a canopy and sleep in your rig--MUCH better and with a small tent heater you will be very comphy :awesomework: In feb it can get pretty chilly at night.

Yes it can and very windy.

Went last year and had a blast. It was my first time down to the Hammers. Nearest real town is probably Victorville or Hesperia. The event is 45 minutes south of there.

My advice is try to get there early and get a feel for where the trails are. That way you can get setup with some good spots to spectate from. Also, during the racing make sure you watch out for competitors. They're cruising all over JV and you might not even realize you're on the course at times.

All great suggestions. I'll add this..Tents on the lake bed suck!!! Anything is better than a tent down there. If a tent is all you have, use it for storage and cooking and sleep in your rig.

Other stuff
Firewood -lots of it
Race radio-this will help track the leaders
Asprin- for the hang over
Camp shower

Motorcylce goggles are a must. When the sand storms hit you will want them. The sand is horrible during the wind storm and i promise one of the days down there you will get to see(well kinda) it. I plan on getting there monday before the race.Hook up with some of the people that know the place and have them show you around. Your gonna love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts