• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

cbrjeeper said:
Yup is fs. She is only selling the 300 acre portion. The side where moon rock and the cows are , was told her husbands kids are keeping that. Approx 200 acre. Think its 1.2 or 1.6 mil. Cant recall. I was there with a group on the last weekend. Buddy that was there may chime in . He has had direct contact with her as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

So the right side is fs correct? Basically from the pond over to the left behind the race track they are keeping correct?

Pretty much the section behind track to the left kids want to keep for the cows. Id try to do a 10 yr land lease. On that side With them still being able to use at certain points.

jeeptj99 said:
that would mean you would have to camp. Can you actually camp, or will your head implode if you dont have you feather bed and 100000 thread count sheets?

I just don't like to camp because i'd hafta listen to loud obnoxious people doing stupid **** that would piss me off. I like my quiet time / relaxing time / ME time.

tonybolton said:
I just don't like to camp because i'd hafta listen to loud obnoxious people doing stupid **** that would piss me off. I like my quiet time / relaxing time / ME time.

I enjoy the sound of a random rev limiter in the night. Luckily I've never had a problem camping of drunken idiots. Only thing that comes close is one night a dude in a Chevy 1500 was doing donuts in the field at aop and Tom threw them out. That was funny.

cbrjeeper said:
Anyone know of parks getting sued with real results?

Talk to Tom from AOP. I know there was some people trying don't know what happened or really any details.

Yea ive heard but not real time results it you kno what i mean. .not trying to get deep in anyone's biz. Just a feeler.
Ill reach out to a few people in the industry.

cbrjeeper i love this park as much as anyone. if you could buy all of it that would be great.any other way.THESE ARE NOT PEOPLE YOU WANT TO MESS WITH !

rockwell 1 said:
cbrjeeper i love this park as much as anyone. if you could buy all of it that would be great.any other way.THESE ARE NOT PEOPLE YOU WANT TO MESS WITH !

Speaking of the people who own the property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea not sure what you mean about that comment. But the owner is very nice and a very smart biz woman.

If you have any direct info. Feel free to contact me on pm.
I also love this park along with this sport. If i can get this place up and running i will...

Guys i think it is really promising that someone...in this case "cbrjeeper" (don't know him, i am just saying) is telling folks his is interested in buying the park and looking for some real world feed back.

Personally i think now is the time to put ANY and ALL of the ideas you might have floating around in your head out on the table.....some may help better the park, some my be obvious, and some may have not been thought about before.....

This could be the best way to help get the ball rolling.

So if you have an idea throw it out there....He is ask for input on this platform for a reason. Getting real advice from wheelers that know this park will be a HUGE asset i am sure.

WE have been waiting to hear this kind of news..... so here it may be.....don't be shy!

give me a break, smart business woman and rich are two very different things .i has been going to gmp since jimmy opened it have not seen this smart business you speak of.but hey you cut the deal i will come and ride

Re:

IMO the park is worth a lot less without the moon portion. Some of the best established trails, biggest crawlable rocks, and potential for new (easier) trails is over on that hill.

Cutting back the tree limbs and adding decent drainage on a lot of the main trails would make them passable for the trail wheeling crowd.

At the end of the day it's always going to be an extreme terrain park that will require promotion,events, and facility up keep to draw customers.

Promoting it as a place to ride trials motorcycles/let STRA host a trial meet would be another potential source of customers too.
Hard Enduro type riding is gaining popularity too.