• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

Why not a A arm of two separate links off the frame with two heims off the knuckle and a huge gusset?

94xjsport94 said:
Why not a A arm of two separate links off the frame with two heims off the knuckle and a huge gusset?

the knuckle pivot would have to be redesigned for something like that.

I was thinking more like big honking uniball in the knuckle and a fabbe'd A arm to "double shear" the uniball

That suspension looks to be working great! Just need to get the beef to handle the abuse.

Looks like it tore a hole in the sidewall of the rear tire too.

Re:

I thought I seen on on Instagram that somebody broke an Overson knuckle on the same rock. I don't know much but I imagine it would be hard to build anything to withstand a straight on hit like that. He was hauling ass and that rock was just begging to break anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I thought I seen on on Instagram that somebody broke an Overson knuckle on the same rock. I don't know much but I imagine it would be hard to build anything to withstand a straight on hit like that. He was hauling ass and that rock was just begging to break anything.

yes a new wide open design buggy sheered all the bolts that hold the ouverson steering arm off. I have only see than happen one other time.

Jason Spegal took a hard hit and a wild ride from the same rock.

Looks like it broke several through the day

j-mox said:
Jason Spegal took a hard hit and a wild ride from the same rock.

Looks like it broke several through the day

Nick Cooper...Destroyed a Raceline wheel. Soon as that rock started showing good, it got nasty.

TC seems like a humble guy, I bet he's kicking himself today for exspecting that little amount of heim shank engagement to stand upto his driving style.

Re:

I think it was more just the way he hit that rock then it was the buggy not holding up its end. It looks like he was hitting a wall and you can build **** as tough as you want but if you hit an immovable object going that fast somethings gotta give and it sounds like that rock wasn't giving anything.

Re:

tonybolton said:
Hauling ass and looking under control. He's on to something with the new setup. Definitely at the forefront of his sport(hobby).

X2 That slow motion video on the end of BK's shows it was really soaking up the bumps and working well