• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

Re: Re:

j-mox said:
X2 That slow motion video on the end of BK's shows it was really soaking up the bumps and working well
Exactly. Just like motocross, if the tires ain't touching the ground, you ain't going faster. This is why west coasters frown on "bouncing". If yer actually bouncing, yer not moving forward as efficiently as you need to be. If TC can get the arms beefed to withstand the beating, I think it will dominate race times.

Re: Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

JeffH454 said:
TC seems like a humble guy, I bet he's kicking himself today for exspecting that little amount of heim shank engagement to stand upto his driving style.
I was thinking the same thing about that heim.

TBItoy said:
the knuckle pivot would have to be redesigned for something like that.

I was thinking more like big honking uniball in the knuckle and a fabbe'd A arm to "double shear" the uniball
That's the path I would go. Or one of the frankenheims. If he needs adjustment put it at the frame side; then it's shared by two joints.

offroadohio said:
I was thinking the same thing about that heim.

Kind of says it all...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 157
Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

Good part about it is the only thing that gave up is threads...all the fabricated parts did their job

I wonder if the heim could be drilled and pinned once it's set where it should be. That way it has a pin plus threads.

I'll bet he ends up with a uniball bearing and a meaty race built into the upper arm before he's done with it...but with that said he was haulin ass and could have busted a ball joint or king pin just the same.

al1tonyota said:
Watch the speagle video he was going way faster at that point!
It looked like at first speagle hit it more to the right and was little air borne when he made contact. Looked like Tim was lower and more to the left having a solid hit. Going back and watching again it does look like same spot on the rock.

al1tonyota said:
Watch the speagle video he was going way faster at that point!

I think the 43" tire absorbed a lot more of the hit where the 40 didn't.

Re:

Something else I noticed is it looks like the suspension geometry is out of wack to me. I'm no suspension guru but looks like it will have a pretty big scrub radius.

Maybe I'm nuts

Re:

Not much will stand up to a hit like that.. I've seen quiet a few hits like that and nothing has survived it problem free. If the suspension/axle didn't fail the link or frame did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

I don't know jack about ifs, but my guess a pinch bolt style tube adapter, and possible incorporating more wheel recession in compression to soak up the hard hits like this.

Similar to having the shackle behind the tire with leaf springs, so that the tire moves rearward in large hits to take some of the load from the big it.

Instead of the wheel moving directly upward, or even forward ( with a link suspension with steep links)

He was flying up until then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cole said:
I think the 43" tire absorbed a lot more of the hit where the 40 didn't.
Looked like the raceline absorbed quite a bit too lol. Did moneymakers wheels survive?

Re:

Looked like it. I think he might be running tire balls which may have helped the rim?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One of the few times rear steer would have been handy, could have drove in reverse to break the beam.

whiskeymakin said:
Looked like the raceline absorbed quite a bit too lol. Did moneymakers wheels survive?

Yes the trail ready is fine.

onepieceatatime said:
Looked like it. I think he might be running tire balls which may have helped the rim?

No tire balls this race, believe they will be there next race though.

Re:

Seen him posting pics of a tire ball installer he made. Thought maybe they were already in. Many of the other bouncers run them?