• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

I'm interested to see what he throws together. I'm guessing he's already had an idea just in case this didn't work. Sounds like he's using the drivetrain and rear axle out of this rig for the new one. Just curious to see if he'll have it done by race 2.

Weezul said:
I'm interested to see what he throws together. I'm guessing he's already had an idea just in case this didn't work. Sounds like he's using the drivetrain and rear axle out of this rig for the new one. Just curious to see if he'll have it done by race 2.

Not nut swinging, but I bet he could turn out two by the next race. Look at some of the top buggies in the series. I watched within a few feet, some of his previous buggies hauling the mail. I also bet he has the notes on the builds of what worked well and what didn't. For this build to be so shitty, he pulled in a 4th place finish. I didn't notice anyone of the other 27 racers on the docket saying his buggy was a waste of money or wouldn't work. He likes a different feel for his buggy and that's cool.

I had a chance to talk with him briefly on Friday and he really is a super nice guy that knows his stuff when it comes to buggies. I followed about halfway through his explanation of what was going on with the front quintuple bypasses and then my brain shut down. His was still going at 90mph and giving facts and specs and it was just cool to sit there and listen. Then, while everyone was racing both hills, he watched everyone else make their runs up until he had to suit up to race. After the race, I shook his hand and thanked him for coming out and putting on a show. He took the time to be courteous and went on shaking hands of fans and being nice to all the other people that made their way into the pits.

It sure would be nice if everyone could quit being so jealous of what he has ( I am to a certain degree) and just enjoy what he does. He spends a lot of his time giving us something to talk about and videos of new buggies and epic runs and he is freaking local to most of us. Spend some time building him up instead of tearing him down. This country is too full of worthless folks tearing others down and this small offroad community shouldn't join in on the demise of our society.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Not nut swinging, but I bet he could turn out two by the next race. Look at some of the top buggies in the series. I watched within a few feet, some of his previous buggies hauling the mail. I also bet he has the notes on the builds of what worked well and what didn't. For this build to be so shitty, he pulled in a 4th place finish. I didn't notice anyone of the other 27 racers on the docket saying his buggy was a waste of money or wouldn't work. He likes a different feel for his buggy and that's cool.

I had a chance to talk with him briefly on Friday and he really is a super nice guy that knows his stuff when it comes to buggies. I followed about halfway through his explanation of what was going on with the front quintuple bypasses and then my brain shut down. His was still going at 90mph and giving facts and specs and it was just cool to sit there and listen. Then, while everyone was racing both hills, he watched everyone else make their runs up until he had to suit up to race. After the race, I shook his hand and thanked him for coming out and putting on a show. He took the time to be courteous and went on shaking hands of fans and being nice to all the other people that made their way into the pits.

It sure would be nice if everyone could quit being so jealous of what he has ( I am to a certain degree) and just enjoy what he does. He spends a lot of his time giving us something to talk about and videos of new buggies and epic runs and he is freaking local to most of us. Spend some time building him up instead of tearing him down. This country is too full of worthless folks tearing others down and this small offroad community shouldn't join in on the demise of our society.

I was in no way tearing him down. I've been watching his videos since he was in Fat Girl. Just said I was curious to see what he builds. So far, Showtime 2.0 has been my favorite of his buggies.

I agree with everything kel just said. Especially the last part. But damn, I wanted to see that thing dialed. With the big tires on it.
Oh well, 3.show ! How about some leading arms.

Weezul said:
I was in no way tearing him down. I've been watching his videos since he was in Fat Girl. Just said I was curious to see what he builds. So far, Showtime 2.0 has been my favorite of his buggies.

Wasn't chunking you under the bus. I just started posting one thing and changed directions. Sorry for the miscommunication. Read some posts above and you'll see who I was talking too.

Re: Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

lowbudgetjunk said:

Very well said. The dude has an amazing talent and is just trying to push the envelope. The sport needs guys like that and if being able to see that and appreciate it makes me a nut swinger then oh well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like the fact that he is trying new stuff. I like the fact he ain't scared of the peanut gallery and makes changes as he see fit to do. Heck, it's his time, tube and talent, let him use it like he wants.

I'm no nut swinger by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think we need a new emoticon with a ninja dude slinging tube and making sparks!! Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]
^^^ One of the best things said in a while.

Wow not waisting anytime. :woot:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-15-00-12-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-15-00-12-19.png
    1 MB · Views: 133

jpony645 said:
Instead of starting completely from scratch, why not just change the chassis up to run a solid front axle? Is that not easier than building a whole new chassis?

Because it looked like......
snapshot20080116022022nf7.3923.jpg

I agree with what you said Kel 100%. I think he is one of the top talents in our sport and i respect the hell out of him and what he's accomplished. I do think there is a strong hypersensitivity when it comes to TC, It's like there can be absolutely no questioning or criticizing any aspect of him or his work without being labeled a hater...

I think terms like "hater" are leading to the demise of our society more than anything else. Gawd I hate that word. Man, there ain't but about 5 people in the whole world I hate. Kim Jong Un is one of them...so, there is no way I could put someone like TC or even Batshit in that category. Fawk I hate pop culture. Spinoff thread engaged.

The ironic part is that TC is his own biggest critic. Nobody picks apart his work more than he does himself. If anyone would take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism it would be him. The problem is everyone wants to just criticize his choices not the actual builds. I've talked to him twice, at races both time he was as nice as could be and was picking apart his rig. Saying what he was going to change.
If you could just filter out about 82% of the bullshit it would be nice to have a forum where you could get his input.
I think the same goes for plow boy. Good guy just to many people that have no business posting that want to be heard.

Eddyj said:
The ironic part is that TC is his own biggest critic. Nobody picks apart his work more than he does himself. If anyone would take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism it would be him. The problem is everyone wants to just criticize his choices not the actual builds. I've talked to him twice, at races both time he was as nice as could be and was picking apart his rig. Saying what he was going to change.
If you could just filter out about 82% of the bullshit it would be nice to have a forum where you could get his input.
I think the same goes for plow boy. Good guy just to many people that have no business posting that want to be heard.

Yup.

Eddyj said:

X3. Plowboy gets a bad wrap about his driving style, and I can't say I haven't had comments about it too, but anyone that has watched Busted Knuckles sit down video with Ritchie will see why he drives like he does. Gives a whole different perspective of him.

Tim builds some awesome buggies and they flat out work. This one didn't for his style. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next :dblthumb:

I dig he doesnt just do the same thing over and over. The kid has skill, drive and a work ethic half the guys in here couldnt imagine. Do you know the discipline it takes to stay on your grind amd finish a full build ? Let alone numerous builds year in and out with everything else life throws at a guy. TC is a badass plain n simple, Ill swing them nuts all day son. :tc

PS Young... that shits funny AF laughing1

Funniest part is his ass reads our dumass comments and could give 2 ****s... Def badass.. Def talented. And IF there's a spot open on his nuts I may snag Em too.. Looks like y'all got that "sowed up" .. :JRich: