• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

tallnate said:
That front end reminds me of...

Reminds me of a Goblin Shark:

goblin-shark-nologo.jpg

Re:

I don't see all this "hate" y'all apparently do. Most everyone in this thread and the pirate thread voiced respect for the guy and there has been very little negative feedback IMO. It seems like people manufacture imaginary hate these days so they have something to hate on themselves. And if TC truly thinks so many people hate him why doesn't he just ask his fan club to stop posting on the internet? Surely if he simply said the word Cole would stop posting pics and vids. Is TC a masochist?

Hate is like racism. Those who call it out regularly are really the ones peddling it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Re:

patooyee said:
I don't see all this "hate" y'all apparently do. Most everyone in this thread and the pirate thread voiced respect for the guy and there has been very little negative feedback IMO. It seems like people manufacture imaginary hate these days so they have something to hate on themselves. And if TC truly thinks so many people hate him why doesn't he just ask his fan club to stop posting on the internet? Surely if he simply said the word Cole would stop posting pics and vids. Is TC a masochist?

Hate is like racism. Those who call it out regularly are really the ones peddling it.

You seem bitter.

Re:

patooyee said:

I see where you are coming from..I think you have to consider that on every form of social media: youtube comments, twitter links, pirate threads, Instagram, etc.., there are people calling him out and questioning him..not just what you see here or on pirate...I would assume Cole has to deal with every single reply to any video he post...if you think about that...im sure TC vids get more action than most..it come with the territory when you are popular.

Re:

patooyee said:
I don't see all this "hate" y'all apparently do.

let me point it out for you... in your same post:

patooyee said:
And if TC truly thinks so many people hate him why doesn't he just ask his fan club to stop posting on the internet? Surely if he simply said the word Cole would stop posting pics and vids. Is TC a masochist?

See, merely bringing it up, means, you are introducing it in to the conversation. That is opening the door, to a door, that has been open for more than 16 pages. So why even bother? Hate, I guess? Being passive aggressive is still being aggressive.

Everybody keeps talking how great the buggy works, it does work good, all the rigs competing work good. But it's that right foot and the young man hooked to it that keeps winning. I believe he could win with my buggy....... Well, maybe. People like him, woodly, tanner..... They have cost us all a lot of money trying to keep up. Hammer Down!!!

Re:

LandSpeeder said:

See, merely bringing it up, means, you are introducing it in to the conversation. That is opening the door, to a door, that has been open for more than 16 pages. So why even bother? Hate, I guess? Being passive aggressive is still being aggressive.

I definitely agree with this. However, I think the reason JJ felt it was worth mentioning was because the the video title. The video name is a big door as you mentioned. Probably worth a thousand forum posts.

On a positive note. Thanks for the great video Cole and builds/driving Tim! :dblthumb:

Re:

LandSpeeder said:

I guess I have to be a hater to continue selling the brand, right? Get your Hate apparel here:

http://madram11-productions.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/keep-hating-youre-making-me-famous

bbone said:
I see where you are coming from..I think you have to consider that on every form of social media: youtube comments, twitter links, pirate threads, Instagram, etc..,

That's kind of my point. I'll preface this by stating for the record that I don't do most social media. One of the reasons is because so much of it is purely just hate. I don't think that's any secret. So knowing that twitter, youtube, FB, etc are full of hate, TC participates in videos that get posted and sold on those forums, thereby giving the hate a place to thrive. Cole sells hate-apparel based on the hate that they claim to hate? Something seems wrong there.

On one hand I kind of identify with them. I can't sell a burnt fry without the whole world finding out about it on social media. So in that respect I see where they are coming from.

But on the other hand, I know when people do complain, the only way to make it stop is to ignore it. Any reply, mention, or participation of any kind only gives it merit and makes it worse.

Hardline and Pirate are the only social media that I see that matters in the 4x4 world. Or if they aren't, they're certainly the only ones I personally have time to participate in. I did used to see a lot of hate toward TC. Then Cole seemingly started the hate brand and it seems like it was effective as most on these two forums kind of saw the light IMO. Now the TC threads are mostly positive, which makes me happy for the 4x4 community as a whole. About the worst comments I see now are legit tech questions. (They rarely, if ever, get answered and generally seem to be automatically labelled as hate.) Yet Cole keeps going on about the hate, makes videos titled about hate, continues selling hate apparel. TC only ever replies to the hate, never the legit questions. Never thanks any of the positive comments. It seems like the tail has started wagging the dog.

People can label me what they want. You all know by now that I don't care. I have been labelled both a :tc and a hater by the same people in the past. The truth is I'm neither. I've met Cole a couple times on the trails filming, seems like a nice guy to me, all of his posts are generally level-headed. I met TC once, he was nice to me for the brief moment that we spoke, less than a minute. He almost ran me over one time at MM, had the presence of mind to hit the brakes. (Thanks, TC!) He also helped roll me back over once on Primos. But I wouldn't say that my personal interactions with either of them have been enough to form a legitimate personal opinion. All I have to go by is their actions on the internet. Back when it first started I thought the hate brand was genious. But in terms of the actual 4x4 community as I see it (Pirate and HL) it seems like it was effective at quelling the hate and now needs to breed it to continue thriving. FB, instagram, twitter, etc ... that's all just white noise that doesn't matter, shouldn't matter to anyone. Shouldn't even dignify a mention.

Re:

The-Boss said:
I definitely agree with this. However, I think the reason JJ felt it was worth mentioning was because the the video title. The video name is a big door as you mentioned. Probably worth a thousand forum posts.

On a positive note. Thanks for the great video Cole and builds/driving Tim! :dblthumb:

Oh, yes. The video name is what triggered my post if it wasn't obvious. I guess some might just watch the video, not even notice the name.

Re:

patooyee said:
At one point I thought the hate brand was legit, a good idea. But in terms of the actual 4x4 community as I see it (Pirate and HL) it seems like it was effective at quelling the hate and now needs to breed hate to continue thriving. FB, instagram, twitter, etc ... that's all just white noise that doesn't matter, shouldn't matter to anyone. Shouldn't even dignify a mention.

I agree, hence why I have deactivated my FB. However, there are a lot of folks, fans of our hobby, that maybe didn't start out on a forum. These people are mostly on social media and that's how they only know about this hobby and how to comment on seeing it.

Also, the comparison of this to your work french fire is obtuse at best. I would think all the sponsors, video guys, etc would agree social media is how they engage their product/brand.

Good discussion, no hate to you JJ, I like you and you are a good dude. (I feel like I have to type that so everyone knows I mean no harm, just friendly banter)

Re:

bbone said:
I agree, hence why I have deactivated my FB. However, there are a lot of folks, fans of our hobby, that maybe didn't start out on a forum. These people are mostly on social media and that's how they only know about this hobby and how to comment on seeing it.

Also, the comparison of this to your work french fire is obtuse at best. I would think all the sponsors, video guys, etc would agree social media is how they engage their product/brand.

Good discussion, no hate to you JJ, I like you and you are a good dude. (I feel like I have to type that so everyone knows I mean no harm, just friendly banter)

I was just using the fry comparison to identify with them about how much hate there is.

Cole could easily just not mention it any more. He could take the hate apparel down off the site. If the hate didn't illicit the reaction it would just starve. I think he needs the hate now. Like his t-shirt says, "It makes [him] famous."

I have one of those shirts...he gave everyone a whole box at RBD one year...cannot turn down free MadRam shirts...