• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

got a boat today!!! yay!

wheelinjp

its a 12 aluminum boat with a 9.9 hp mercury. came with everything and the best part is the price FREE a freebee from my father-in-law. He even told ma that he sold it. Hasnt used it in a couple years. we are getting ready for its first voyage.

alumboatpapas.jpg

thanks guys. we took it out on offut last night for its maiden voyage. it was a comedy of errors at first. we put it in the lake, I drive up to the parking lot. We were so excited we left all the fishing gear in the truck, and forgot the cooler with our water and other drinks at home:eeek:. Mind you it was still 85degrees out when we were launching the boat. Then I get down to the boat carrying all our gear, life vests, poles, tackle box, etc... and the wife informs me that someone left the plug out of the boat and it was 1/4th full of water by now:mad:. So back up to get the truck, load the boat back on the trailer, and pull the plug again :mad: then relaunch the boat :rolleyes: for the second time and back up to park the truck. Everything went good after that though, yay!!:awesomework: But we were so tired after being up (too excited to sleep) since 6am, then we had to drive to lake roesiger in snohomish to pick up the boat from papas friends house. That was over 100miles one way. So needless to say it took 20min. for us to get very hot and thirsty. So we decided the first voyage was a short voyage and we packed it up. It was an adventure for sure. :cool:

hahahaha:haha:

Pretty sure you will get a mental check list soon enough man!!

Glad you guys had a "Memorial" maiden voyage..:awesomework:

I spend a good protion if my time in a boat. It seems like every time I have had trouble out on the water esspecially at the launch is when ive been in a hurry or not being focused on the specific tasks that are at hand.
Glad to hear all went ok, and I believe almost all boat oweners have left the plug out atleast one time or another.
BTW thats a kick ass boat for what you paid for it.

wow..soo... you went to offut lake ad didnt even call me?? we could have made two maiden voages on boats..i havent launched mine yet :)

oh and i live about 3 minutes from offut lake :awesomework: