• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GPS

wont work

So I have got back involved in hunting and my brother has me addicted to duck hunting now. With all these new locations and traveling at night in a boat got me to wanting a gps to mark spots and kinda see where I been and going.
So anyone got a recommendation for which gps to get and use that is not so difficult to work that you need to take a manual with you to use. Dont need the most expensive just one that works that I can mark spots and go back to or keep track of where I been in the woods.

wont work said:
So I have got back involved in hunting and my brother has me addicted to duck hunting now. With all these new locations and traveling at night in a boat got me to wanting a gps to mark spots and kinda see where I been and going.
So anyone got a recommendation for which gps to get and use that is not so difficult to work that you need to take a manual with you to use. Dont need the most expensive just one that works that I can mark spots and go back to or keep track of where I been in the woods.

OH ****, a teacher with a gun???? Lord help us all :flipoff1:

I have always used the cheapest Garmin eTrex. Been durable for beating around in the woods for years. Accurate enough under tree canopy. Only reason I've replaced mine in the past is losing it.

Mossy Oak used to have an Iphone App that would do what you are wanting. I think Duck Commander had one as well. I am not in to the Duck Commander stuff but most of their duck hunting stuff is still good because that is what THEY make and control.

Re:

There is a app OnX hunt. It use's google maps and you can mark and track yourself. It works off the gps in your cell phone. If your in a no signal area it will still track you , just cant see the map. You can buy the subscription and it will work 100% even in no cell signal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
There is a app OnX hunt. It use's google maps and you can mark and track yourself. It works off the gps in your cell phone. If your in a no signal area it will still track you , just cant see the map. You can buy the subscription and it will work 100% even in no cell signal

It would have to work cause where I do most of my hunting is a no cell phone area within 50 miles

If y'all could share all your honey holes, with me, that would be great.

I'm heading to south Louisiana Thursday to hunt for 3 days, have will be in Stuttgart a lot of the season

Re: Re:

wont work said:
It would have to work cause where I do most of my hunting is a no cell phone area within 50 miles
It cost 14$ a month. The old trimble outdoor app work perfectly. Didnt matter if you had cell service or not.

Re: GPS

MotionX app. It works off standalone gps in smartphone. It worked for me in the wv woods and the middle of the ocean, both with no cell signal for miles. Does everything you need.

ibrokeit said:
If y'all could share all your honey holes, with me, that would be great.

I'm heading to south Louisiana Thursday to hunt for 3 days, have will be in Stuttgart a lot of the season

Im hearing there are no ducks anywhere. My luck, I dont have work keeping me from hunting and there aint no ducks :rolf: :rolf:

money_pit_yj said:
Im hearing there are no ducks anywhere. My luck, I dont have work keeping me from hunting and there aint no ducks :rolf: :rolf:

I could put you on a Woody or 2 in Auburn. That's about it. Bayou Meto was terrible last year.

Re:

Try backcountry navigation app, just downloaded it. Went to airplane mode and it tracked with ariel map view active

:JRich:

Attachments

• IMG_5916.jpg
    IMG_5916.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts