• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GPS

jeeppoor

Does anyone still use these?
If so what one is the best.
I have had one for over 15 years. But it died the last time we were at windrock.
So I am not sure if we need one anymore.
Since it seems that all the trails through the woods are getting shut down. We have been just going to parks for about the last 5 years.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Have you looked at any hunting it hiking apps?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes I have. And there is a **** of them. So I was wondering if we even need them and more and if we do what is everyone running these days.
Back 15 years + years we needed because we were always exploring new trails. But thanks to the lovely tree huggers that pretty much has gone to the way side.
The only place that I can think that we might need one is Canda. And we have no plans to go there anytime soon.
Now we are talking about going out west either 2018 or 2019. And I don't know if we would need it out there.

All the dual sport riders seem to be all about the Garmin Montana.

I just use an old Droid X with only the GPS turned on when I€™m out riding forest service logging roads or WMA land. There are lots of full function GPS apps that will follow tracks and such, and download map areas ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Check out x hunt tracking app, they have one app that will show you the boundary lines and owner. On the tracking app, you have to download maps before hand, like tbitoy stated and it will track you with no cell signal.

There use be a trimble outdoors, it was the bomb, would track you over different maps with no cell signal. It got pulled for some reason

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Latest posts