• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Grammar and Spelling

money_pit_yj

FYI

Sale vs Sell
Sale- noun 1. the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something. My truck is for SALE. 2. an event for the rapid disposal of goods at reduced prices for a period, especially at the end of a season. Sears is having a SALE on overalls.

Sell- verb 1. Give or hand over (something) in exchange for money I will SELL you my truck. 2. persuade someone of the merits of. You will not have to SELL me on the fact that UT Football sucks balls.

Their, there, They're
"There" refers to a place.
Examples: There is a crapper in the first building. It is over there.
Hint: If you can use the word "here," you have it right!

"They're" is a contraction of "they are"
Example: They're not going to like you crapping in this building.
Hint: "They" is a pronoun and "are" is the verb.
If you can substitute "We are" you have it right!

"Their" is the possessive pronoun.
Example: Their crapper is located on the next street.
Hint: If you can substitute "our" you have it right!

Spelling help-
Axle
winch
suspension
transmission
model
straight
trailer
chassis

kmcminn said:
Watch out you offended Common Core Pholmann last time anything was said about someones grammar. They may not be as smart as you. Remember be more kind and gentle.

:flipoff1:

Sorry Pholmann

He does this all the time when he texts. :****: :rolf: :stir:

creepycrawly said:
R, ur, c, n, u...these are all letters. They are not words that can stand alone.

kmcminn said:
Watch out you offended Common Core Pholmann last time anything was said about someones grammar. They may not be as smart as you. Remember be more kind and gentle.

:flipoff1:

Sorry Pholmann

That's what I was getting at

pjprice said:
I can't help but laugh when I see these mixed up.
That's the funny part. Not gettin mixed up.. Oh, before someone hops on , I know it's GETTING not GETTIN .. But I shaved .3 seconds off this post losin (did Again) the G on getting.. Habit I guess. Surely yAll get it tho <---- Haha

Come on now Kevin. A generic ass thread teaching folks how not to sound like a toothless, retarded, in-bred hillbilly is waaaay different than calling someone out for their bad grammar. Plus I don't teach Ainglish, I teach bygawd otto mekanix. Ya know them thar stupid ass grease munkys.