• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

H1 inserts and centers

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
There's a ton of vendors out there for H1 PVC inserts and pressed centers, but who has the best deal? If anyone knows please post up.

I don't remember, but if you PM them on prices they were very quick with their responses, and I had great customer service from both...

I got mine from Dan at USA6x6. Great prices, fast shipping, great parts.
how long ago.that guy has a bad rep for not doing anything right.....
i been lookin for a bit now , and C&M machine is the cheapest i've found too..cheers, b

The problem I'm finding now is, the pressed centers give you 3" of backspacing. I need 4" or 5".

Then you need flat centers... which rumor has it are not that hard to bend...

Yeh that's what I hear. But I think I found a compnay that makes custom pressed centers and I should be able to order 4" of back spacing

Yeh that's what I hear. But I think I found a compnay that makes custom pressed centers and I should be able to order 4" of back spacing

if you need very little backspace then why even recenter them?

Why not just run a wheel spacer? You could buy the wheel spacers for what the centers cost and then you would have stock h1 rims.

Then if you roll over and bend one up, you can just put another stock one on and not need to buy a new center and a wheel and then do the labor all over again.

Spacers dont normally get damaged unless they are improperly installed or you leave them loose.

and for insert.....

unless you are competing and are worried about shaving weight anywhere you can then a rubber insert kicks ass.

I have sold and installed lots of rubber inserts and folks are always very happy with them. Plus if you gash a tire beyond repair yiou can easily drive out on a rubber runflat.

if you need very little backspace then why even recenter them?

Why not just run a wheel spacer? You could buy the wheel spacers for what the centers cost and then you would have stock h1 rims.

Then if you roll over and bend one up, you can just put another stock one on and not need to buy a new center and a wheel and then do the labor all over again.

Spacers dont normally get damaged unless they are improperly installed or you leave them loose.

and for insert.....

unless you are competing and are worried about shaving weight anywhere you can then a rubber insert kicks ass.

I have sold and installed lots of rubber inserts and folks are always very happy with them. Plus if you gash a tire beyond repair yiou can easily drive out on a rubber runflat.

Well stock the H1's are measuring 7.5" of backspacing. 3" is too much 4-5" is just about right.

As far as the run flat's I'm just cutting down the magnesium flats.

how long ago.that guy has a bad rep for not doing anything right.....
i been lookin for a bit now , and C&M machine is the cheapest i've found too..cheers, b

I bought them about 5 years ago. He was the only place with pressed centers and they are extremely well made.

pretty sure he went under. Got too big, too quick.

That's too bad. I heard Stockton Wheel manufactured the pressed centers. Someone must be selling them, hopefully an American has the tooling.