• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

H1 Recentering Questions??

Wildman1

Okay I just got 4 H1 rims and now I want to recenter them for better BS and also to change the bolt pattern to 5 on 5.5.

So from reading over on Pirate there is more than one thread about the flat type centers, even the 3/8's bending?? Is this true? How and why? Since my rig is pretty much a trail rig is it an issue?

Yes flat plate will bend when you take a Med to hard side hit and yes it will suck on the road but on the trail not a big deal

OK say your side hilling and slide slide down 10 feet and all the weight hits your wheel or you roll

Or get pressed centers but the only place I know of that has them is USA6x6 and that can be a crap shot, I still need to get some for my H1's because I don't want flat plate centers

Yep 6x6 is all I know too & I have heard all the stories and don't want to be waiting. That is why I am asking about the flat centers. I can say that in all my wheeling experiances so far I have not slid like you discribed. I guess I can try the flats and if I do bend them then try 6x6.

Will decide after the New Year if I want to take the crap shoot.

The pressed centers are nice, it just depends whether or not you are willing to gamble with USA6x6. Other than that your only choice is flat centers so theres really not much to discuss. FWIW I haven't had any problems with my flat centers on my "trail jeep."

The pressed centers are nice, it just depends whether or not you are willing to gamble with USA6x6. Other than that your only choice is flat centers so theres really not much to discuss. FWIW I haven't had any problems with my flat centers on my "trail jeep."

Thanks Ben,
What I was looking for. I am just going to get the Copperhead Fab centers & rock rings.

You could weld gussets on the flat centers if you're really worried about it.

Yeah on a trail only rig, I am going to look into getting a set of centers from a wheel mfg but if no luck I will have to try USA since I will not run flat plate centers.

I am going to look into getting a set of centers from a wheel mfg but if no luck I will have to try USA since I will not run flat plate centers.

I checked on this years ago and found nothing. I learned that all wheel centers were made by one of only about three companies. This was long ago and may not still be the case.

it says right on the front page of stazworks they have pressed centers now....

Made to order double beadlock wheels
Available in 15, 16, 16.5, 17, 20 and 22"
!Now Avilable with Pressed Centers!

Why did you buy Hummer rims? Seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

What trouble?? How much are a dual bead beadlock rim? Or how much is a regular rim and Staun internal beadlocks? H1 rims are cheaper anyway you look at it.

So how are they too much trouble? Explain your comment??

What trouble?? How much are a dual bead beadlock rim? Or how much is a regular rim and Staun internal beadlocks? H1 rims are cheaper anyway you look at it.

So how are they too much trouble? Explain your comment??

By trouble I mean trying to find a way to get new centers.

I know they are an inexpensive double beadlock but given your rig and all the other bells & whistles I figured you'd go Walker doubles or something.

Try Trailready, they can probably recenter those.