• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

H1 Recentering Questions??

How much were the adapters going to run a pair from Dean? If they are less than $250 a pair, I would go that route.

That way you could run any 8 lug wheel you wanted(maybe a second set of huge tires on wide rims for snow?) Or get replacement H1s for any you might happen to break or wear out without having to recenter them.

Edit to add, flat 3/8" isn't as strong as the pressed centers. Pressed centers get their strength from the shape and construction, not just thickness. If you're set on recentering, I would go with pressed centers.

Last edited:
How much were the adapters going to run a pair from Dean? If they are less than $250 a pair, I would go that route.

That way you could run any 8 lug wheel you wanted(maybe a second set of huge tires on wide rims for snow?) Or get replacement H1s for any you might happen to break or wear out without having to recenter them.

Edit to add, flat 3/8" isn't as strong as the pressed centers. Pressed centers get their strength from the shape and construction, not just thickness. If you're set on recentering, I would go with pressed centers.

I agree the pressed centers are stronger. The problem is @ $75 each from Starz it makes them too much. And the ones from 6x6 USA are cheaper but his ability to follow thru has issues.

I am not set on recentering. And I do like your idea too about being able to use any 8 lug wheel. I have also wondered about just putting 8 lug hubs on my front axle. What I am not sure about is what I would have to change. And then since my D60 is a semi-floater can I get new shafts drilled for 8 lug and what would that cost?? But I would still need spacers or have to recenter if I went this route because the BS is too much.

Waiting for a call back from Dean so I do not know how much or if he can even make them.

Mike,
What made them bend?? Remember I am not going to be rolling my rig every chance I get. I still have some brains left!! :fawkdancesmiley:

A good hard hit--that should not have bent them :haha:

Flat centers are garbage IMO....

Wildman.....do you have an accurate(w/caliper) measurement of the I.D.(paint gone,ready to weld bare metal) of the rims you want to recenter?

You wanted to go 5 on 5.5?

Wildman.....do you have an accurate(w/caliper) measurement of the I.D.(paint gone,ready to weld bare metal) of the rims you want to recenter?

You wanted to go 5 on 5.5?

No I still have the rims in the bed of my truck. :haha: :haha:
They make great traction aids over here. :haha:
I am going to unload them tomorrow morning so I can load my snowmobile in the truck. I'll try and measure them for you on Saturday.

Can I ask why?
I take it you make wheels? Can you make new centers too?
http://copperheadfab.com/index.php?action=catview&cat=Hummer H1 Wheel Centers
This is what I was thinking about getting. Don't really care about the design.
And yes I need 5 on 5.5" BP

No I still have the rims in the bed of my truck. :haha: :haha:
They make great traction aids over here. :haha:
I am going to unload them tomorrow morning so I can load my snowmobile in the truck. I'll try and measure them for you on Saturday.

Can I ask why?
I take it you make wheels? Can you make new centers too?
http://copperheadfab.com/index.php?action=catview&cat=Hummer H1 Wheel Centers
This is what I was thinking about getting. Don't really care about the design.
And yes I need 5 on 5.5" BP

he works for a little company over here that makes beadlocks

So here is what I decided on. I am going to recenter some H1 Hummer rims to around 4" back spacing and also changing the bolt pattern to 5 on 5.5.
So I tore the rims apart and was waiting on the new centers to get here. I am still undecided on if I should just paint the rims or power coat them.

Outer lock ring.
IMGP1653.jpg

Rear part of the rims.
IMGP1655.jpg

New tires. 38X12.50X16.5
IMGP1659.jpg

Then the Big Brown truck paid me a visit. I had ordered some new centers from www.stazworks.com and also got their inserts. So now it is time to start cutting and welding.
IMGP1661.jpg

IMGP1662.jpg

IMGP1664.jpg

IMGP1665.jpg

IMGP1666.jpg

Now for a cost break down so far.
H1 rims = $30.00 each
New Centers= $85.00 each
Inserts = $40.00 each

Cost of regular steel wheels & Staun internal beadlocks.
8X16.5 Steel Wheel w? 5 on 5.5 BP= $80.00 each
Staun internal beadlock= $172.00 each

Spyderlock Beadlock Wheels 15x9 = $290 each

Eaton Heavy-Duty Monster Black Real Beadlocks Wheel 15"x10" rim
= $220 each

And just for you Brad I am going to weigh the rims once I get the new centers in them. Then I'll weigh them AGAIN once they are all together and we can see JUST how over weight these H1 rims really are.

And just for you Brad I am going to weigh the rims once I get the new centers in them. Then I'll weigh them AGAIN once they are all together and we can see JUST how over weight these H1 rims really are.

Much like yourself, I have changed more than enough of those in my past life to know they're heavy.

and they'll be a lot heavier than my H2's :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

Damn John's price is high, I went with Daniel's pressed centers and I talked to him first and told him I knew his Rep from PBB for the last 7 years and I got them in 6 days :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: Oh yeah they are pressed out of 1/4"

Price per wheel center $44 with shiping :awesomework: I have not installed them yet but I should be in the next few weeks

tires107.jpg

Much like yourself, I have changed more than enough of those in my past life to know they're heavy.

and they'll be a lot heavier than my H2's :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

But unless I am missing something your H2's are not dual beadlock?? Your past life? That was when you were a internet bully right???

Damn John's price is high, I went with Daniel's pressed centers and I talked to him first and told him I knew his Rep from PBB for the last 7 years and I got them in 6 days :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: Oh yeah they are pressed out of 1/4"

Price per wheel center $44 with shiping :awesomework: I have not installed them yet but I should be in the next few weeks

The Spiderweb price is $10 more because of the extra work. I like the design so that is why I got them.

H1 rims = $30.00 each
New Centers= $85.00 each
Inserts = $40.00 each

QUOTE]

Your centers are $85 ea

and mine are $37 or $45 with shiping that means your centers are $40 more per not $10 :redneck:

:beer: :beer:

H1 rims = $30.00 each
New Centers= $85.00 each
Inserts = $40.00 each

QUOTE]

Your centers are $85 ea

and mine are $37 or $45 with shiping that means your centers are $40 more per not $10 :redneck:

:beer: :beer:
wasn't talking about your centers. his standard price is $75 per center.
and John has a lot more options for centers than Dan.

Okay enough of the BS.

Back to some tech.
Tires and inserts.
IMGP1699.jpg

My old body has decided that one per day is it.
IMGP1700.jpg

Getting that insert into the tire was FUN!!!
IMGP1701.jpg

Next was plasma cut the old center out of the rim.
IMGP1702.jpg

IMGP1704.jpg

Then I tacked the new center inplace for a test fit on the Jeep.
IMGP1707.jpg

IMGP1710.jpg

Tire on the rim.
IMGP1713.jpg

Mounted and ready for some air.
IMGP1714.jpg

37" tall with 20psi in them.
IMGP1718.jpg

One more just becasue!!!
IMGP1719.jpg

I'll have more later of the tire test fitted on the Jeep.

Those are gonna look sweet when they rust :redneck:

Ever heard of paint :fawkdancesmiley:

Not even worth a reply. :fawkdancesmiley: :haha: :haha:

Well I knew they were going to be heavy.
IMGP1720.jpg

My 5yr old does a pretty good job with that camera.
IMGP1726.jpg

Not bad got tons of room and I have about 4" of up travel left.
IMGP1727.jpg

Wished it had sucked the tire in a little more bit it will work.
IMGP1728.jpg

Not going to hit the frame.
IMGP1729.jpg

I checked for clearance front and rear, everything looks good. Will flex it out tomorrow or Thursday with a tire on each side.
IMGP1732.jpg

IMGP1733.jpg

Looks damn good I think. Now to fully weld the centers in. I had just tacked it in two spots.