• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

H1 Recentering Questions??

By trouble I mean trying to find a way to get new centers.

I know they are an inexpensive double beadlock but given your rig and all the other bells & whistles I figured you'd go Walker doubles or something.

Try Trailready, they can probably recenter those.

Why are you so stuck on all the BELLS & WHISTLES on my rig?? There is NOTHING on my rig that doesn't work nor do what it is suppose to do.

Why double beadlocks??? Why not? And as Jobless said, H1 rims are cheap.

Don't want Walker Evans rims and I am going to recenter them myself. I ahve pretty much built everything else on my Jeep so why not the rims too. And last answer is Because I KNOW Hummer rims!! Have changed many a tire on a M998. :eeek:

Stazworks has them.

15" Rims
- 15x10 240$ ea.
- 15x12 280$ ea. 2 pc. Insert
- 15x14 305$ ea. 2 pc. Insert ***
- 15x14-18 425$ ea. 2 pc. Insert **
- Rock rings 55$ installed
- Cold Role Ring 33$ installed
- Pressed Centers 25$ ea.
16" Rims
- 16x10 270$ ea.
- 16x12 315$ ea. 2 pc. Insert ***
- 16x14 365$ ea. 2 pc. Insert ***
- 16x16-18 490$ ea. 2 pc. Insert **
- Rock rings 60$ installed
- Cold Role Ring 35$ installed
16.5" Rims
- 16.5x9.75 260$ ea.
- 16.5x12 315$ ea. 2 pc. Insert
- 16.5x14 365$ ea. 2 pc. Insert ***
- 16.5x16-18 490$ ea. 2 pc. Insert **
- Rock rings 60$ installed
- Cold Role Ring 35$ installed
17" Rims
- 17x9 270$ ea.
- 17x10 320$ ea. ***
- 17x12 345$ ea. 2 pc. Insert ***
- 17x14-18 470$ ea. 2 pc. Insert **
- Rock rings 65$ installed
- Cold Role Ring 38$ installed
- Pressed Centers 30$ ea.

The 16.5 wont fit? If not why?....be good to know.

Also looks like all their pressed centers are drilled for clamping bolts,wouldnt be hard to build your own double beadlocks.

OlyWa

Also looks like all their pressed centers are drilled for clamping bolts,wouldnt be hard to build your own double beadlocks.

OlyWa
What you listed is the complete wheels that John offers. And they are a double beadlock wheel.

I have bought old 8 bolt Military Hummer rims (trying to be cheap) and I need to recenter them for two reasons.

1) I am still running the 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern and the H1 rims have the 8 on 6" BP

2) H1 rims have about 7.25" back spacing. If I was running wider axles I might could use that much BS. I have narrower axles so I need less back spacing. I am shooting for about 4.5".

Yes John does offer pressed centers for Hummer wheels @ $75ea!!:eeek:

6X6 USA offers them for $37ea

Or I can get flat centers from a ton of different people for around $25ea.
Hope this clears things up a little for you.

OlyWa

The ID of a hummer wheel is a different size from the other standards IIRC so the center must be for a hummer wheel.

The ID of a hummer wheel is a different size from the other standards IIRC so the center must be for a hummer wheel.

I dont have a caliper that big so a tape had to do,I just measured a 8 bolt H1 and a white spoke 16.5x10 wheel.Hmm both rite about 15 and 5/8ths ID.

Wildman I understand what you are doin and I'm the same way,I'd just as soon do it myself then pay to have it done.Looking at the page from staz I see it means that its $25 extra for pressed centers...bummer I was thinking DAMN thats a good price.

OlyWa

Wildman & Jobless

I deleted some of the BS.
Wildman, what Jobless said wasn't that blatent. I know there's some history, but try and keep it out of the Tech. And for what it's worth, sometimes Jobless does have some valuable insights. Just don't let your biases prevent you from reading.
Tony

NOW, to get back on topic, are you trying to get less backspacing or more backspacing? I ask because I'm not familiar with H1 wheels, but if you wanted more backspacing, you should consider having Dean @ Bentmetalcustoms build you a set of wheel spacers/adapters.

Tony

Last edited:
I dont have a caliper that big so a tape had to do,I just measured a 8 bolt H1 and a white spoke 16.5x10 wheel.Hmm both rite about 15 and 5/8ths ID.

Hmmmmmm now I wonder what the issue was?....I know there are a couple different kinds of hummer wheels, could it be I had the "other" ones? I know I went through all of this and there was some issue I just don't remember exactly what it was being long ago. I guess just forget what I said being I'm old and can't remember my ****.:haha:

I deleted some of the BS.
Wildman, what Jobless said wasn't that blatent. I know there's some history, but try and keep it out of the Tech. And for what it's worth, sometimes Jobless does have some valuable insights. Just don't let your biases prevent you from reading.
Tony

Don't know what your talking about?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It was just normal NWW BS. Brad and I are best buds, there isn't any history between us??

NOW, to get back on topic, are you trying to get less backspacing or more backspacing? I ask because I'm not familiar with H1 wheels, but if you wanted more backspacing, you should consider having Dean @ Bentmetalcustoms build you a set of wheel spacers/adapters.

Tony

Ok let's try this again.
H1 wheels are 8 on 6" or what ever that BP is.
I have 5 on 5.5" standard Jeep BP. So I need to make wheels first fit BP.
Second, H1 wheels are 7.5" BS more or less. I want 4.5-4.75" BS

So I need new centers. There are a few places that make them. Just not many that make PRESSED centers and I was asking if the flat 3/8" centers would bend?? I have read that some people have bent them but I am cuious as too how??? As I am just a web wheeler I am thinking I can get away with the flat centers.

Last edited:
I have built ALOTof 3/8 flat plate wheels,15",17",20" and I have never seen one come back bent...............period.

If you can,I would try to get pressed centers.....if not available,purchase some plate centers from one of the vendors mentioned in this thread.

I have built ALOTof 3/8 flat plate wheels,15",17",20" and I have never seen one come back bent...............period.

If you can,I would try to get pressed centers.....if not available,purchase some plate centers from one of the vendors mentioned in this thread.

Look at one of bernies wheels :haha:

Don't know what your talking about?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It was just normal NWW BS. Brad and I are best buds, there isn't any history between us??

Ok let's try this again.

So I need new centers. There are a few places that make them. Just not many that make PRESSED centers and I was asking if the flat 3/8" centers would bend?? I have read that some people have bent them but I am cuious as too how??? As I am just a web wheeler I am thinking I can get away with the flat centers.

Totaly differant use of wheels but we used to use stock samauri white spokes on the front of the race rig (they have flat centers) They would last 2 or 3 events before bending just from drifting corners. Less if we hit anything while drifting. They are fairly thick centers 3/16 or 1/4. I think having that dish in a wheel gives it a lot of side strengh. Another downside to flat centers is there is no "spring" in the wheel to keep lugnuts tight stamped wheels have a concave to the backside that keeps your lugnuts tight.

Dean can machine you a wheel spacer that bolts to your lug nuts and has studs sticking out for the wheels you already have. Since wheel spacers are going to be made, they can have any combination of lugs you'ld like. Such as your 5 on 5.5 hubs, and the factory 8 lugs that the H1s come with. However, the spacers are about 2 inches thick. Which means you'll loose two inches of back spacing on each side. Hence, your H1 wheels will become at LEAST two inches wider. Obviously, you can loose more, if you simply machine the spacers in a wider material.

You should call Dean at 253-222-4890

This might be a far easier solution that doesn't require any f'n with the wheels you already have.

If I recall correctly, he did something similar when Robin wanted to convert his Mog axles for standard bolt patterned wheels.

I dunno. It's worth a phone call. At least tell 'em Tony Fox said to call with your question.

Tony

Just giving first hand info to help with Wildmans questions.

I did not make Bernies wheels so I can't speak about that.

Thanks for the help. I called Dean that Tony gave me the number to. But I am still leaning towards the new centers. I am going to get Rock Rings for the rims from Copperhead Fab so it makes sense to get the centers too.

Totaly differant use of wheels but we used to use stock samauri white spokes on the front of the race rig (they have flat centers) They would last 2 or 3 events before bending just from drifting corners. Less if we hit anything while drifting. They are fairly thick centers 3/16 or 1/4. I think having that dish in a wheel gives it a lot of side strengh. Another downside to flat centers is there is no "spring" in the wheel to keep lugnuts tight stamped wheels have a concave to the backside that keeps your lugnuts tight.

Jim,
I had a Suzuki with the stock wheels and I don't remember ever having issues with the lug nuts not staying tight.
I know the dish helps with the side strength and the concave also helps with the lug nuts but at this time the only way to get center premade like that is going to 6x6 USA and they have a bad rep for not shipping things on time. Now I am not in a BIG HURRY but??
The other dished centers are just too expensive from StarzWorks.

And the centers I am looking at are 3/8" plate.

Last edited: