• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

H1 Recentering Questions??

Thanks for the update and pictures....

What was the turn around time on the centers? Did they have them built and in stock already?

I'm going to be re-centering my h1 rims, have new 38.5x14.5 sx's sitting in the garage, not sure which centers I'll be using. I like the way yours turned out, kinda spendy, but they look great.:awesomework:

Wildman, what is the run out you ended up with ? Or how true are they :redneck:

To be honest all I did was throw a block of wood next to the tire and spin it. Doing it that way I found very little wiggle to the rim/tire. I know not really a great way to tell but was all I had time for. Will check more this weekend.

IF ex takes my daughter so I can go work.

Not really much to report on the rims other than I got all 4 done. I am taking them to a sand blaster Monday and have them cleaned up. After that bring them back to the shop and prep them for paint.

IMGP1735.jpg

And just a few to show ME doing the work, yes I really do know how to weld and use the plasma cutter. I ain't no Master Fab guru but I can find my way around the shop.
IMGP1737.jpg

IMGP1740.jpg

IMGP1742.jpg

IMGP1743.jpg

So once I get them back from the sandbalaster and start to paint I'll post more pictures.

Last edited:
Well this project was stalled for a few weeks waiting for stuff to get done. I took the rims to Finish Line in Yakima to be sandblasted. Then I needed to do some more welding on them so I didn't get them powdercoated yet.

Well then I ordered some bead rings made out of rebar. Once I recievied then I didn't like what I saw.
IMGP1749.jpg

So I went back and ordered some rock rings and they showed up today.
IMGP1748.jpg

So I had to take them out and just look at them at least. Tomorrow I'll fire up the welder and get that done. Then I'll run them back over to Yakima to get powdercoated. Still thinking about the color.
But here is what they look like with the rings laid in place.
IMGP1752.jpg

IMGP1751.jpg

So I took the rims back to the Powdercoater and they said I can pick them up on Monday. Then I stopped off at the Harley dealer and let my little one go shopping for dad's Bday this Saturday.

So here is what the outer rings look like with the rock rings welded on.
IMGP1753.jpg

IMGP1755.jpg

IMGP1756.jpg

:awesomework: :cheer: :cool: :awesomework: WOW!!! Is all I can say. The rims turned out better than I thought they would. Finishline in Yakima is going to get more of my buisness that is for sure.

IMGP1785.jpg

IMGP1786.jpg

It will Wednesday before I can get them mounted up on the tires. Can't wait to see how that combo looks!!!

wildman said:
Now for a cost break down so far.
H1 rims = $30.00 each
New Centers= $85.00 each
Inserts = $40.00 each

Cost of regular steel wheels & Staun internal beadlocks.
8X16.5 Steel Wheel w? 5 on 5.5 BP= $80.00 each
Staun internal beadlock= $172.00 each

Spyderlock Beadlock Wheels 15x9 = $290 each

Eaton Heavy-Duty Monster Black Real Beadlocks Wheel 15"x10" rim
= $220 each

So my figures were:
Rims- $30
Centers- $85
Inserts- $40

Rock Rings- $25
Sandblast &
Powdercoat- $50

Each wheel weighs 46lbs
Each tire weighs 83lbs
Each insert weighs 10lbs

I'll say it isn't for everyone but I like them and like the dual beadlock, do I need it? No but I got it so now I don't have to worry.

So did you check your run out ?? I still have not done my wheels I have been lazy :redneck:

Okay here we go, I got all the tires mounted up yesterday. Against my doctors orders of course. I had just gone in on Tuesday to get a never block done on my back.

I got the first of 3 inserts in the way John from Stazworks told me to do it. But the next tire fought me and fought me. So then I came up with an idea to try. I pushed two tires together to allow me to stack a third tire on top of them to about the diameter of the center. Then I soaped up the insert and the tire and put all my weight on the insert. You have to pull up on the tires bead at the same time. I sure wish there had been someone there to get pictures. Both times I did this my feet got hung up in the insert once it went inside the tire and I fell over backwards.

Well enough yackin here are some pictures.

IMGP1790.jpg

IMGP1791.jpg

Now just leaned up against the Jeep because I don't even have the rear axle put back in yet.

IMGP1794.jpg

IMGP1793.jpg

IMGP1795.jpg

So did you check your run out ?? I still have not done my wheels I have been lazy :redneck:

No I never check for runout after the first rim.

Okay so this has been a good/busy week for me. I got the rear axle back in the jeep, bled the brakes, filled the diff with oil and then installed the rear tires.
IMGP1802.jpg

IMGP1803.jpg

Now before I could install the tire on the front I need to fix my track bar. Last year I had ripped the track bar bracket off the axle, and when I redid the new bracket I had moved it over a little to keep it away from the air bag. Will in doing that I now needed to shorten my track bar.

So cut the old weld off and take the insert out.
IMGP1804.jpg

cut an inch off the DOM tube.
IMGP1805.jpg

and put it back together.
IMGP1806.jpg

IMGP1807.jpg

Put a new weld to hold it together
IMGP1808.jpg

and a little paint.
IMGP1811.jpg

Jack the front end up and mount the tires!!! The front is on the ground again but I left the rear on stand so I could run the new gears for a little while.
IMGP1813.jpg

IMGP1814.jpg

Last edited: