• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

we usually go the last weekend of july or first weekend of aug for my buddy and my birthday but his buggy wont have the dyno tune done until aug 4th . if we can get a house rented from lupe we might tag along if thats ok .

Still in. House sold, house bought. Tight budget at this point but in like Flynn

Talked to a guy today and said the Evarts side is full. Called a few other places and can get a room but it's 8-10 mile drive.

My question, since I have never been to Harlan before is, if we stay at a hotel and drive in, is there a place to park and load/unload pretty easy?

It's a bit of a hassle to load and unload but looks like not much of a choice right now.

Thanks for any info.

rpf500 said:
Talked to a guy today and said the Evarts side is full. Called a few other places and can get a room but it's 8-10 mile drive.

My question, since I have never been to Harlan before is, if we stay at a hotel and drive in, is there a place to park and load/unload pretty easy?

It's a bit of a hassle to load and unload but looks like not much of a choice right now.

Thanks for any info.

You could primitive camp inside the park and drive rig to bath house. Not actually a bad deal. Much more peaceful in the park than camping in town.

There is plenty of parking now up past the pay shed.

Re: Re: Re: HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

matth_85 said:
You could primitive camp inside the park and drive rig to bath house. Not actually a bad deal. Much more peaceful in the park than camping in town.

There is plenty of parking now up past the pay shed.
This is what we usually do.

This trip will be my first camping in town.

If you stay in the motel there is plenty of parking in the park around the zip line and places but there is tons of camping in the park like said above I think it is 10$ a night to camp and you can use the nice bath house down at the R/R tracks for free

Probably not going to get the wife talked in to camping. I can imagine we will be driving in and unloading/loading each day.

Really doesn't matter to me that much where I sleep, I just want to go wheelin!

Thanks for the info

rpf500 said:
Probably not going to get the wife talked in to camping. I can imagine we will be driving in and unloading/loading each day.

Really doesn't matter to me that much where I sleep, I just want to go wheelin!

Thanks for the info

As far as loading/unloading. I'm sure you can leave it at the campground, Hardline has it all rented. I have never been there, but certainly we can find room so you don't have to drag it to the hotel.

JohnG said:
As far as loading/unloading. I'm sure you can leave it at the campground, Hardline has it all rented. I have never been there, but certainly we can find room so you don't have to drag it to the hotel.

That's good to hear. Didn't realize the area was rented for the weekend.

So far I have found mountairemotel.com who has rooms and they claim 9-10 miles away, as well as Comfort Inn which tells me 11 miles away.

I am going to go ahead and get something booked and figure out later on about loading/unloading.

rpf500 said:
That's good to hear. Didn't realize the area was rented for the weekend.

So far I have found mountairemotel.com who has rooms and they claim 9-10 miles away, as well as Comfort Inn which tells me 11 miles away.

I am going to go ahead and get something booked and figure out later on about loading/unloading.

Surely you can just find a spot to drop your trailer/rig near where all of us will be. Everybody else's **** will be parked around it, so I don't see why it wouldn't be safer there than left out in the parking lot of hotel in bum fukt egypt. Then just drive your tow rig back and forth.

:dblthumb:

TacomaJD said:
Surely you can just find a spot to drop your trailer/rig near where all of us will be. Everybody else's **** will be parked around it, so I don't see why it wouldn't be safer there than left out in the parking lot of hotel in bum fukt egypt. Then just drive your tow rig back and forth.

I would never have thought of that :flipoff1:

You can forsure park your rig and trailer beside me up in the park nothing has been bothered sence I have been over there i am camping around the zip line it is a huge area and plenty of room

TacomaJD said:

Re: HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014
« Reply #317 on: Today at 01:04:15 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
You can forsure park your rig and trailer beside me up in the park nothing has been bothered sence I have been over there i am camping around the zip line it is a huge area and plenty of room

You all are some good dudes. Thanks for the offers. Glad to see there are still some trustworthy people in this world. Is it ironic that most of those people are in the wheelin community??!!! thumb.gif