• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Campground behind Dairy Bar has 3 sites left.

WV crew is heading down, bringing 9 rigs on tons. Gonna be a helva weekend!

Re:

Realized I miss counted my schedule at work and my 3 day weekend is not the weekend before when I already planned to go to Harlan but the week of this ride so I think I'm going to do both. I was hoping to buy new tires before my trip but instead I'll just use that money to make back to back trips. If I don't break my junk the first trip I might just see if I can find a place down there to leave it for the weekend. But if I break it and can't fix it before I will see if I can just drive down and ride with someone in an open seat or I'll haul the Geo on 31s down and just cruise around all weekend. I'll be camping in the back of my truck so shouldn't be to hard to find somewhere to do that.

Heck I like that long steep trail ride up from the Putney side ;D,,,our groups stayed over there plenty of times,,,,but yes you can be hittin obstacles 5 mins into the day if you stay in Evarts ;D

Harlans GREAT no matter what side of the mountain you stay on :dblthumb:

ScottsPics said:
Heck I like that long steep trail ride up from the Putney side ;D,,,our groups stayed over there plenty of times,,,,but yes you can be hittin obstacles 5 mins into the day if you stay in Evarts ;D

Harlans GREAT no matter what side of the mountain you stay on :dblthumb:

going up is fun!! going down in the rain........another story! :eek:

Re:

If it wasn't for that one switchback I think I could get my pickup truck clear up there. Dad and I were out looking for down trees for firewood our first trip and made it to that switchback and decided not to go any farther.

Re:

Did we ever decide if we are going to break up into group's? Seems like there will be more than enough there for two or more groups. Second and third tour guides?

I personally have don't care how organized that portion of it will be. Chances are there will end up being people left behind, separated, etc anyways regardless of how many groups you break it up into. Always happens, even on smaller rides. It's like people in the wheeling community are coincidentally also a large concentration of ADHD sufferers lol. Trying to keep big groups together on the trail usually is a nightmare. I'll participate accordingly to however everyone sees fit, but I'm going with more of the free for all, keep up if you can, call us if you get separated and have problems, and we'll come back and help all we can.

Couldn't tell you how many times I've been separated from the people I intended on riding with at big rides, find another cool group of folks to follow around, then randomly run into my other people I originally intended on riding with and regroup. Just part of how it goes most of the time.

Re:

With the PoPo running rampant, might wanna match some sober folks with some drinking folks. JohnG is a solid sober driver and I can drive somebody back to the Dairy Hut if needed. It's my first trip to Harlan, just don't want to be part of being the last trip. I missed Tellico by a month and don't want to be a part of the demise of another great wheeling spot.

I don't like drunks driving, period. Road or trail. In my opinion, it should be saved for camp. To get upset at the cops for setting up a DUI checkpoint, is insanity to me.

This is a Hardline Forum ride, not a Hardline Club ride. If it were a club ride, it would be a not issue, as the club rides did not allow drinking on the trails.

I seems some feel it is their right to drink and drive in the woods, and I did my fair share before quitting April 3, 2007.

JohnG said:
I don't like drunks driving, period. Road or trail. In my opinion, it should be saved for camp. To get upset at the cops for setting up a DUI checkpoint, is insanity to me.

This is a Hardline Forum ride, not a Hardline Club ride. If it were a club ride, it would be a not issue, as the club rides did not allow drinking on the trails.

I seems some feel it is their right to drink and drive in the woods, and I did my fair share before quitting April 3, 2007.
I don't like drunks driving, period. Road or trail. In my opinion, it should be saved for camp
Agree with this, being around someone drinking a few is not bad but when they can't talk with someone right or hardly drive on the trail that is no good and makes for bad memories