• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - King of the Hill Competition - August 29, 2015

I am glad to see someone finally doing this at this park good luck and hope it is a great turn out. I hope to be there watching

I remember a lot of smack talk on here one time about a little ole climb called violator. I'm pretty sure after that people started opening their eyes to the buggy guys. We all have are strengths and weaknesses but on a straight out hill climb I'd say a buggy is king of the hill, just saying :****:. Chad thumb.gif

Of course on a loose dirt hill a buggy will win. Now let's go to cable hill and put some water on it and a buggy will never see the top.

If the hill is all dirt and not wet at all then it won't be a competition. Now if it's wet and has some rocks in it then it will be interesting.

Cole said:
Of course on a loose dirt hill a buggy will win. Now let's go to cable hill and put some water on it and a buggy will never see the top.

If the hill is all dirt and not wet at all then it won't be a competition. Now if it's wet and has some rocks in it then it will be interesting.

Agreed 100%
Didn't something like this go down at Choccolloco a few years back? Rail buggies on loose dirt ate up the hills with twists and turns, but I believe Wes Kean gave them a run for their money. thumb.gif

Wasn't there a rail buggy guy that was talking smack at the recent Windrock Bounty Hill Event. They wouldn't let him race the bounty So he went over to the bonus hill and got denied by it?

I just don't see a rail beating a rock bouncer in a straight up hill climb. Maybe up a sand or pea gravel hill?

there r buggy hills and there r bouncer hills. the question I have is how can u find a hill that's is fair for both to race against each other.

^^I don't think you can. They are both built with a totally different purpose.

However, I think Bobby Tanner, Richie Kieth, and :tc would stand a good chance with their units and the cut boggers. They probably have the closest HP:Weight ratio as the rail buggies....

matth_85 said:
^^I don't think you can. They are both built with a totally different purpose.

However, I think Bobby Tanner, Richie Kieth, and :tc would stand a good chance with their units and the cut boggers. They probably have the closest HP:Weight ratio as the rail buggies....

This, I think it should have some rock and some dirt just to be fair, but I think it will be impossible to make it completely 100% fair. Looking forward to see it though

This could turn into an ongoing match up. Every year try a couple different hills to see who has the braggin rights. Kinda like the Backdoor Shootout is an East vs West braggin rights competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

I might have to take some vacation to come check this out. We camp at this campground every year and they're great people. Would really like to see this be a huge success

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Off Road Power Products as well as Global Vision has threw in some prizes for the class winners...

Don't worry folks we'll be testing things out with some local buggies and bouncers to try to keep things close between the different types of machines.

There is the possibility of a 150 foot run with a tight turn to start the hill IF NEEDED.

The hill can be made to expose bare rock for a portion along with loose dirt IF NEEDED.

We HAVE a huge area to work with within the range of the spectator area to do several hills and a variation of hill types, inclines, steepness etc etc.

We do want it to be a competition...

RKEY said:
sign me up , do they have any rv spots close for me to park my rv

Absolutely,

I've got about 15 RV sites left for that weekend right on the trail head about 400 yards from the pit area. 606-573-9009 to book em - I'll be in 8 am to 5 pm. I'm Steve, and my brother Kenny run the place.

I'll try to get some pics up soon as I can, we're in trail fix mode at the moment from the rain the past two days. I spent most of the morning clearing trees for folks to get into the off-road park from the trail head.

Latest posts