• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Crawlers

j-mox said:
Several of the original "main" members of the site have not logged in for a year or more. If they have no interest in the site then I'm sure they could care less in what happens to it. Sad for the ones who still enjoy it and would like to see it continue. The harder it gets for posting the more people will leave.

The sad part is they don't and won't let us the people that want the site to move forward move it forward

scrambled said:
Dude that ran our local board quit wheeling/updating/loggin in. My buddy tired to buy it but was given a fawk you price. Anyways about a year later it crashed, dude never recovered it, and everything was lost. So much tech, pictures, funny stuff, wheeling trips, all gone. #fawkfacebook

That is exactly what is happening here. Minus a price tag.

Next

jeeptj99 said:
So post up his contact info we will blow his phone up

I would have to go back through a thousand texts to find his number. Maybe someone will resend it to me or has it here?

Next

wizzo said:
Before yall start a witch hunt, has anyone contacted Matt O. or who ever the powers that be are and asked what it would take to buy the forum?

We all use this site for free. If he/ they want to sit back and let Hardline fade away, that's their business. I don't agree with that but it's their property and they can do what they want.

Yes and MattO blows P off every time and stops communication.

Would anyone be interested in a new forum? The name could be "Hardline" or my favorite is "take the hardline"

bad80cj said:
Would anyone be interested in a new forum? The name could be "Hardline" or my favorite is "take the hardline"

The problem is then we lose years of tech and other threads on here.

jeeptj99 said:
The problem is then we lose years of tech and other threads on here.

Completely agree. But your gonna loose it anyway the way the site is being managed now. This is an open discussion. Ideas welcome

Next

wizzo said:
Before yall start a witch hunt, has anyone contacted Matt O. or who ever the powers that be are and asked what it would take to buy the forum?

We all use this site for free. If he/ they want to sit back and let Hardline fade away, that's their business. I don't agree with that but it's their property and they can do what they want.

I have spoke to him several times about it, he and I both have been asked to sell it, last time I spoke to him via text etc I thought he was good with giving over the reigns as I have a neighbor that is tech savvy that was willing to help me get this crappy ol thing back up to modern date and abilities, got blown off again once it boiled down to it, so here we all sit like the last several years going no where beating the dead ass horse again.

Frankly, I feel like YOU GUYS that post and use forums and wheel together and plan trips together etc should have or should start a fresh venture and just model it the way you want it. I think the SE wheeling community is still one of the strongest presences out there.
It's hella time consuming to start and run a forum, it takes a lot of desire and passion from admin to forum members that stay active. It's obvious to me and y'all alike, the OGs of Hardline have moved on. That sucks for me personally to say and admit but as mentioned. I've tried and tried as well as several others from forum members to OGs and it's gotten none of us anywhere but a lot of wheel spinning and time and effort wasted.
I've told several folks I might as well put it here publically, I was told by MattO last time I tried ( 2 months ago ) and had a plan in place to get something done about the poor performance and lackof updates and software, that he just wanted the forum to go away after JohnG passed. He has all the " power " to let it do that, because he holds the accounts that we set it all up under.

I've said my piece and I've tried for several years. Unfortunately , it's out of my hands.

P said:
I have spoke to him several times about it, he and I both have been asked to sell it, last time I spoke to him via text etc I thought he was good with giving over the reigns as I have a neighbor that is tech savvy that was willing to help me get this crappy ol thing back up to modern date and abilities, got blown off again once it boiled down to it, so here we all sit like the last several years going no where beating the dead ass horse again.

Frankly, I feel like YOU GUYS that post and use forums and wheel together and plan trips together etc should have or should start a fresh venture and just model it the way you want it. I think the SE wheeling community is still one of the strongest presences out there.
It's hella time consuming to start and run a forum, it takes a lot of desire and passion from admin to forum members that stay active. It's obvious to me and y'all alike, the OGs of Hardline have moved on. That sucks for me personally to say and admit but as mentioned. I've tried and tried as well as several others from forum members to OGs and it's gotten none of us anywhere but a lot of wheel spinning and time and effort wasted.
I've told several folks I might as well put it here publically, I was told by MattO last time I tried ( 2 months ago ) and had a plan in place to get something done about the poor performance and lackof updates and software, that he just wanted the forum to go away after JohnG passed. He has all the " power " to let it do that, because he holds the accounts that we set it all up under.

I've said my piece and I've tried for several years. Unfortunately , it's out of my hands.

So do you think he would sell it??

bad80cj said:
And your idea is?

Let's ASSume Matt O is to the point he is ready to be done with the site.
#1 - How much does he want for the site? What is Hardline worth in it's current state?
#2 - Who has the money to buy it.
#3 - Who has the money to pay for upgrading the site.
#4 - Who has the time and skills to do the upgrades needed. If forum doesn't have a member willing to do what is needed, there is more money you need to pay someone.

What is your plan? All I see is someone upset about the current situation Hardline is in. Join the club boss. But all you're doing is potentially pissing off the person who "holds the keys".

You guys know being an admin of a board you can manipulate all kinds of data / etc.? Maybe he HAS logged on and seen the gayness and enjoys watching fish flop out of water?

Y'all are going to ruin what is left on this board.

Personally I thought it was still rocking along great until Ed & Tony started the daily bullshit contest.

SO not matter what happens if those two cupcakes keep running off everybody it will be the same ol' same ol' .

Where is our one legged hero on all of this? He has been a constant part of many forums, maybe he could weigh in one the pros and cons of different message board experiences and systems?

wizzo said:
Let's ASSume Matt O is to the point he is ready to be done with the site.
#1 - How much does he want for the site? What is Hardline worth in it's current state?
#2 - Who has the money to buy it.
#3 - Who has the money to pay for upgrading the site.
#4 - Who has the time and skills to do the upgrades needed. If forum doesn't have a member willing to do what is needed, there is more money you need to pay someone.

What is your plan? All I see is someone upset about the current situation Hardline is in. Join the club boss. But all you're doing is potentially pissing off the person who "holds the keys".

#1 Not an assumption
#2 We the people and or a certain business that has the ability to keep the site up to date and profit from. I will at this time refrain from my proposal of which business
#3 Hardliners have deep pockets and vast resources
#4 See answer #2

More input is appreciated

Next

tonybolton said:
You guys know being an admin of a board you can manipulate all kinds of data / etc.? Maybe he HAS logged on and seen the gayness and enjoys watching fish flop out of water?

Yes, and well doubt it

muddinmetal said:
Y'all are going to ruin what is left on this board.

Personally I thought it was still rocking along great until Ed & Tony started the daily bullshit contest.

SO not matter what happens if those two cupcakes keep running off everybody it will be the same ol' same ol' .

Where is our one legged hero on all of this? He has been a constant part of many forums, maybe he could weigh in one the pros and cons of different message board experiences and systems?

Ruin? **** son it is ruined
And yes JD needs to chime in but of course just like most why even come here if it's gonna be a **** show that runs slowly down the drain.

bad80cj said:
#1 Not an assumption
#2 We the people and or a certain business that has the ability to keep the site up to date and profit from. I will at this time refrain from my proposal of which business
#3 Hardliners have deep pockets and vast resources
#4 See answer #2

More input is appreciated

Next

So you know how much he wants for it?
You have a "proposal" of a business. Have you spoken with this business owner? or is this just your idea?