• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Crawlers

Wizzo did you read what P wrote? Yes their is a large group of guys that no longer post here that are very willing to do said above

bad80cj said:
Wizzo did you read what P wrote? Yes their is a large group of guys that no longer post here that are very willing to do said above

I read his post. I feel like you are skipping step 1.

#1 -- *IF* Matt O is ready to move on from Hardline, how much money does he want for the forum? What is it's value.

Until you get past step 1, any steps after do not matter.

wizzo said:
I read his post. I feel like you are skipping step 1.

#1 -- *IF* Matt O is ready to move on from Hardline, how much money does he want for the forum? What is it's value.

Until you get past step 1, any steps after do not matter.

I see and understand your point 100%. What vested interest if any do you have in helping the situation?? Real question not a smart assed one

Totally random bullshit, but this forum was started by Matt O and P when they asked John G ( the Treasurer of another Forum) to help with this "Club" . This site was born from problems with another forum that they were members of. I think maybe bustedknuckle or a vendor would have to start a new site. ???
But Matt O has been out of wheeling for years so I doubt he cares. but it was his baby so he owns it.

bad80cj said:
I see and understand your point 100%. What vested interest if any do you have in helping the situation?? Real question not a smart assed one

I would 100% like to see this forum back up to speed and moving forward. That's why I'm posting in this thread. I just feel like it needs to be done the right way.

This is the last forum I use for tech, posting builds, etc. But I know others are having issues posting and have moved on, so that hurts the site. I'm sure if HL got up to speed, we could get some folks back.

I will be glad to help anyway I can with in reason.

Someone has to find out what it will take to get control of HL. Once we know that, we can decide the best course of action.

wizzo said:
I would 100% like to see this forum back up to speed and moving forward. That's why I'm posting in this thread. I just feel like it needs to be done the right way.

This is the last forum I use for tech, posting builds, etc. But I know others are having issues posting and have moved on, so that hurts the site. I'm sure if HL got up to speed, we could get some folks back.

I will be glad to help anyway I can with in reason.

Someone has to find out what it will take to get control of HL. Once we know that, we can decide the best course of action.

See I felt like you were on the same page as the rest of us. That's we all want out of hardline. Yeah I know the subject has been beat to death. But I'm still standing and I like a good challenge.

I shouldnt have asked about the phone number. It was more a stupid joke we def dont need to piss him off if we are trying to buy the board.

FWIW- i dont have much disposable income, but i would gladly give what i could to see this board come back to what it was a few years ago.

jeeptj99 said:
I shouldnt have asked about the phone number. It was more a stupid joke we def dont need to piss him off if we are trying to buy the board.

FWIW- i dont have much disposable income, but i would gladly give what i could to see this board come back to what it was a few years ago.

I ain't scared of ruffling the feathers one bit.

I agree disposable income is very scarce in my home also. But very willing to donate to the cause along with many many many people that no longer post here because of all the bullshit

If there is an admin with admin rights and access to the server in which the site is hosted, back the entire site up code and all and go register a new domain name say hardlinecrawler.com and restore or rebuild the current site with the new domain/hardware. Just a thought.

If I started this site and no longer had an interest, I would let others take over no questions asked. P being one of the original members, Matt O should relinquish access to him, if not he is ,just being a :woody:

dwa2469 said:
If I started this site and no longer had an interest, I would let others take over no questions asked. P being one of the original members, Matt O should relinquish access to him, if not he is ,just being a :woody:
100%

Wmikew06 said:
If there is an admin with admin rights and access to the server in which the site is hosted, back the entire site up code and all and go register a new domain name say hardlinecrawler.com and restore or rebuild the current site with the new domain/hardware. Just a thought.

I have that and have explored that option. Here's the problem. This site is on an extremely old version of SMF. One that is no longer supported by anyone. In order to get a backup that you can then import into a new forum software you would have to update to the newest version of SMF. That would take time and would likely break the forum which would then take more time to fix the errors and get it back up and running. Then out of pocket for new forum software + hosting worth a **** is fairly hefty. Then you have all the time that would need to be invested to import a SMF forum into a new database structure. Time plus money plus the fact that forums are dying a natural death anyway, it's just not something I want to deal with. Pirate4x4 has 323k users vs Hardline 14.5k and Pirate is almost completely dead as well.

That is a very insightful post, thank you.

SteveO...some of what you are saying is helpful...some, but most is not helpful. Ask yourself "Self, Is what I am saying helpful or hurtful to the problem at hand?"

Not that I contributed much anyways and I have very much enjoyed the threads over the years but if it goes to Facebook only then it was nice while it lasted. I like many have no social media.

wgamble said:
Not that I contributed much anyways and I have very much enjoyed the threads over the years but if it goes to Facebook only then it was nice while it lasted. I like many have no social media.

I too will be a casualty of war if this medium moves to fakebook

bbone said:
Thats is a very insightful post, thank you.

SteveO...some of what you are saying is helpful...some, but most is not helpful. Ask yourself "Self, Is what I am saying helpful or hurtful to the problem at hand?"

More of a question how has Ben helped? By starting a Hardline facebook group.

When I started this thread and still to this minute have complete disregard to hurting people feelings. What I did do was open it back up for people to get talking about it again. Don't like it don't read it. I could care less.

Next