• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Custom "Sassy Chassis" P's buggy

It sucks having no room, I had to re-arrange my garage just to notch the bedrail. I also had to mount the bender outside to have room to bend the sum biotch.. ::)

the rear is coming together and the 4link is all in place out back
rearend.jpg

anywho... heres some last night action , Hard to get a pic of the thing in my lil ass garage laughing

The most important parts first thumb.gif

importantparts.jpg

jan8front.jpg

Are you going to be able to drive it out of the shop or are you going to have to take it apart?

wontwork said:
Are you going to be able to drive it out of the shop or are you going to have to take it apart?
beauty of airs, let them out
P said:
Do them last so I dont have to work around them while doing interior laughing
worst mistake I made when redoing my junk. I wanted to cut the door bars out by the time I started wiring. **** that.

If I set it up 3" taller than it is in those pics the tippy top of the chassis would be 6'4 , No problem at all going in and out ( its gonna live in the garage and Im not airing up and down and whatever to get it in and out. laughing

Yep door bars on a chassis prior to finish brings the SUCK... Id hate to buy a chassis complete then have to assemble a rig around it, god that would suck to work on , we all know how bad it is getting under the dash on regular vehicles with the door open, imagine a straight up bar across there :flipoff1:

I feel like I just hit the damn lotto ! laughing Greg ( 6uldv8 ) stepped up huge with support and is bringing the following bling !!

Thanks a ton Greg, nice hook up my man ! ( when your ready to dive in to your buggy you call me Ill do all I can for ya thumb.gif )

(100) 1/4-20 threaded weld tabs
(100) 1/4-20 yellow zinc hex bolts
(50) 3/8-16 threaded weld tabs
(1) 1/8" x 48" x 96" clear polycarbonate(lexan)
(1) 3/4" x 48" x 96" BLACK UHMW

This buggy is getting more and more sick by the day, I cant wait to get it in the rocks loller.gif

Got alot of stuff done this weekend, may not look it but I did. Pedals are in, master cyl mounted, throttle cable ran and mounted. I welded in everything on the top portion of the chassis 100% so there is very little that is on it that needs welded right now, Greg hooked it up Sat with supplies. I cut the two peices for the rear firewall and mounted the lower portion, built 2/3s of my front firewall and welded it in ( waiting to get the Tcase back and all the drivetrain mounted to finish the center) Added some more support to the lower portion of the chassis in prep for the UMHW skids as well thumb.gif

Oh yea, sold the Scout so Ill have a Tmax comp 6500 winch package on the way this week too !! drool

jan13top.jpg

jan13peddles.jpg

6uldv8 said:
Seeing it makes me want one worse than ever. I should have kept and finished the one I had....sucks to be poor! Everything is looking good!

Thanks man, you can drive mine when its done .... that will really get you itchin for one laughing

Are you going to plumb the front brakes to the right pedal?

I am doing the same pedals on my new buggy and will do the rear axle on the left pedal so I can get to it easier for front digs.

wngrog said:
Are you going to plumb the front brakes to the right pedal?

I am doing the same pedals on my new buggy and will do the rear axle on the left pedal so I can get to it easier for front digs.

zactly... thumb.gif

( they will be "pinned" together for XRRA since seperated brakes are illegal )

P said:
zactly... thumb.gif

( they will be "pinned" together for XRRA since seperated brakes are illegal )

I don't think so. If one pedal operated all 4 wheels, that makes it XRRA legal. The second for front brakes only. I heard a few were running that way.

I have never done it this way before, but it seems much better than doing a cutting brake handle. I am sick of all the levers....