• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Custom "Sassy Chassis" P's buggy

wngrog said:
I have never done it this way before, but it seems much better than doing a cutting brake handle. I am sick of all the levers....

Your hands are more busy then your feets if you run an auto... thumb.gif I havent personally driven or been in a rig with front and rear brakes seperated by pedal like this, but after i started lookin into doing it that way and so forth found out that alot of guys run that arrangment. Im not a big fan of multiple levers and cluttered up cabs in buggies so it just seemed logical , simple and cost effective to do it that way.

I am going to do my rear axle on the left pedal. That way I dont have to hunt for it. I use front dids 10:1 over front digs.

Emergency braking I should be able to hit he middle of the two pedals easily to brake both at the same time.

wngrog said:
I am going to do my rear axle on the left pedal. That way I dont have to hunt for it. I use front dids 10:1 over front digs.

Emergency braking I should be able to hit he middle of the two pedals easily to brake both at the same time.

100% agree'd hence the pedal placement in my junk... although I never had "front dig" capabilities before... laughing

I sat in mine alot playin with pedal height and spacing and so on so forth before I committed to drilling the holes in the firewall. I feel I got the best outta mine for me I could get with the limited leg room Im working with. thumb.gif

Couple of pics from last night... mockin up and what not getting ready to do work this weekend..

jan22rear1.jpg

jan22rearsign1.jpg

Damn its hard to get an overall picture of this thing from inside my tiny garage laughing I was literaly standing on my small roller box in the corner with the camera above my head to the ceiling behind me taking this shot :flipoff1:

jan22side1.jpg

Didnt touch it Saturday... I got the funk-a-nitis going on and felt like poo... still dont feel 100% but got some good stuff done today. Tcase /tranny mounted ( Im going to make one other mount off the back the case though..) put some steering time into it, tryin to lay out the ergo's Airs in back mounted, sway bar mounted just good stuff... Should have the winch in tommorow and I can put the airs , radiator and winch up front to complete the "roller" status. It is sitting all on its own now, front is on the air bumps

sturinwheel.jpg

rearairsandswaybar.jpg

roller1.jpg

I had to do some practice driving now that the sturin wheel is up there.. :flipoff1:

ppimpin.jpg

psmellinfresh.jpg

pgettinit.jpg

And to all those East Coast XRRA teams... watch yo back cuz me and T are gunnin fo ya !!! laughing

pracer.jpg

Thanks man... I hope that winch comes in today, Im really hoped up to get this thing to the next level and I need that winch to get the front all sorted. drool

Just unwrapped the winch while on my lunch. WOW, it looks great, and EVERYTHING is there for setup, 80ft rope, protector, hook, cabling, and the damn thing works wireless too, its got a wild lil "gunfighter" joystick dealio that can operate wired or unwired ! SA-WEET

loller.gif

I got the winch for 765 to my door from machinewave on PBB... he has unreal pricing and I got it in 3days shipping time.

It is missing two bolts that keep the fairlead mounted to the weld on "fairlead holder" but it shipped direct from Tmax so not his fault.

( Oh yea... I made a small winch plate and mounted it last night. )

I CANNOT wait until Friday so I can hop back on this thing and really get some work knocked out this weekend. ( Ill get lil things done this week but...... )

thumb.gif

Got alot of lil stuff done this weekend, rad mount situation resolved, grille mounted lots of lil support tubes blah blah blah, I feel good about were its at right now and what my schedule is.

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

I extended the rear shocks all the way out and the bastard still wasnt hitting the ceiling in my lil garage ( it was real close though) laughing
DSC00842.jpg

DSC00843.jpg