• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Getting Slow Again

Been slow on my phone (Verizon s5) for over a month now. Seems fine though when I'm on WiFi or my laptop at the shop. Used to be one of the fastest sites though.

I don't think the issue is with the site. There's been too many mention of it being fine in all places except for on a mobile device via a mobile network. My vote is something is going on with the browser or 4G service, most likely the browser. I figure most of you are browsing via Google Chrome and Google Chrome in my experience has a tendency to be a lot like John Piper, in that it blows mostly large cock. BUT, there could also be other issues too. Highly doubt it's actually the site, though.

Only time I can get Hardline to be slow is via Google Chrome browser on my phone and Tapatalk, but Tapatalk is a different story bc it def sucks large dongs most all the time. I have not noticed the site acting any different on my work computer. I would say my home laptop too, but the hard drive decided it would quit it's job and draw welfare while receiving free housing. :wtflol:

JohnG said:
I am not seeing it slow at all. Those that are seeing it slow. What browser are you using and what operating system? Not that I would know what to do with the information, but it may help narrow is down.

I am on:

Win7 - Firefox 35
iPad - Tapatalk 3.1.1
iPhone - Tapatalk 3.1.1

I am not having issues with speed at all on any device.

Nothing you can do with that info. It's either their ISP and/or connection speed OR the server connection. If youre at a COLO on a COLO'd server, then the issue may very well be partially these users ISP vs the COLO facility.

I'm not having any speed issue. I may get a once-weekly caouldn't load page, but a quick refresh and it's back.

People reporting slowness: Who is your service provider? And what city are you in?

I tend to think its tapatalk as well for the folks using that POS of an app. How much revenue is being received from it? I know some app developers. Make one that is not ad driven, which is one good thing about this http site: ZERO pop-ups.
I just know that I haven't used crapatalk since I was a boyscout leader, and I have zero issues. I use the web interface on my TMOBILE phone. So if anyone could bitch, it should be tmobile users.

LandSpeeder said:
I tend to think its tapatalk as well for the folks using that POS of an app. How much revenue is being received from it?

There is an ad on the Hardline Tapatalk, normally Chevy. MattO set this up and we could opt out of seeing any ads, but he can't remember the password to get into the admin panel. As far as revenue, Hardline is not getting any.

I'm sure there will be better apps come along for reading forums, if any know of any, post it up.

JohnG said:
There is an ad on the Hardline Tapatalk, normally Chevy. MattO set this up and we could opt out of seeing any ads, but he can't remember the password to get into the admin panel. As far as revenue, Hardline is not getting any.

I'm sure there will be better apps come along for reading forums, if any know of any, post it up.

If there's an ad, then someone is makin money of its analytics. If no one is actively claiming the monetary value, then It's money being thrown away.

Most folks these days are creating their own apps for their boards. But I'll ask around if there is one that uses no ads, although I doubt we'll find a good one. The internets is feedin off ads these days. I pitched a hissy the other night when I had to sit through a 30 second ad for a one minute video... Who does that?! "Here's your 5cents!"

But I'll ask the group at work that makes our mobile apps. I also have a friend that used to work under me that lives in Nashvegas, he works at an app company.

TacomaJD said:
I don't think the issue is with the site. There's been too many mention of it being fine in all places except for on a mobile device via a mobile network. My vote is something is going on with the browser or 4G service, most likely the browser. I figure most of you are browsing via Google Chrome and Google Chrome in my experience has a tendency to be a lot like John Piper, in that it blows mostly large cock. BUT, there could also be other issues too. Highly doubt it's actually the site, though.

Only time I can get Hardline to be slow is via Google Chrome browser on my phone and Tapatalk, but Tapatalk is a different story bc it def sucks large dongs most all the time. I have not noticed the site acting any different on my work computer. I would say my home laptop too, but the hard drive decided it would quit it's job and draw welfare while receiving free housing. :wtflol:

Between work, shop and home I access this site from 6 different PC's. It has happened on all of them at one point or another. When it does I make a point to switch to IE just for testing purposes. If it is happening in Chrome it happens in IE 100% of the time without a single exception to date, has been happening for as long as I can remember, years.

I only have the one mobile device, it is Android and I use both Chrome and Tapatalk. 80% of the time Tapatalk doesn't work at all, just loads endlessly. 50% of the time Chrome does the same. This is the case whether I am on 3G, 4G, or wifi. I have completely given up trying to access this site via mobile.

Holy crap! I just downloaded tapatalk to see if I could get a feel for what yall are talking about. It hosed my damn phone!
I didn't even get fully signed in before I just deleted it. It wanted access to every piece of my phone: location, notifications, pictures, messages... PHUCK DAT!
Haven't had it for a few years, glad I retried it just to remind myself of why I hated it.