• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan

kid rok said:
Did ya'll hit the new trails we made last time? I take it no pizza deliveries on this trip, good times.

Wrong about the pizza. Patrick rolled his sat evening and it took awhile to get him off the trail and running again. JT came through and brought the pizza. We had Pizza Hut and campfires.

GONOVRIT said:
I remember suggesting that you ride with us that wknd :flipoff1: So did the video of Dave doing cartwheels down Cream Puff turn out or not?

hell no considering his buggy flipped right where Ryan and I were standing :eek:

Just thought I'd throw this in here, same place, same wknd, different club http://media.putfile.com/Harlan-78 Its the Big Dixie Boggers, if it ain'f on 44's it ain't chit. I have a feeling you all will prefer the 23min vid from the 11min mark on ;)

Whats the best time of year to go to Harlan? I would really like to go, but I don't wana go when there are a million people there.

Anytime.....We go there on huge rides and never have to wait to run obstacles...there are go arounds, turn outs and it just never really gets clogged up at all. Go with a good guide so you can ride all the good stuff. Figure out when you want to go and give me a shout. I keep thinking all you Tenn. and Bama boys will show up sometime, if you did you'd know why we don't bother driving to Grey Rock, Coal Creek, etc... it's the best going for crawling or bangin'.

I want to get back there this year, we went in January and it was muddy as hell. Lots of fun for sure!

this is a killer pic...just chop out the power lines !!!

100_4078.jpg

Tripod on here (Steve Snyder) he's a photography professor and one night while bozzing in the hot tub put on a nice rant about the "Devil". The Devil he was talking about?????? Powerlines, and powerlines in pictures, they are the devil, stay away from them!!! skully

kid rok said:
If Greg wasn't worried about scratching his paint he wouldn't have flopped.

I did make it to the top of Pony hill ,past that gigantic ledge and all the way to the top where is was muddy as hell and I couldn't get out.... :spin:

So, the trails you skipped are just too gnarly or are they just too nasty when it is wet?

wngrog said:
So, the trails you skipped are just too gnarly or are they just too nasty when it is wet?

There are a lot of balls out trails in Harlan, and when wet they are basically impossible. Cream Puff is insane, but a lot have done it dry. Pony hill is a bitch and it looks like water runs down it all the time. I made it to big ledge half way up, but that was as far as I could go. Some trails there are just super technical, but all very doable. I think Mason Jar was my favorite of the trip, it was fun and very long. Really wide so there was lots of lines to try.

wngrog said:

The couple we skipped claimed 7-8 rigs in a 100yard section, major carnage. Mark and I hit pretty much everything everyone else skipped late night on thursday. I drove down your turn and started to swing around and come back up it, but decided I didn't want to run the possibility of breaking that late on the first night. Yes, they are insane even when a little wet and like Tellico it seems to always be a little wet. If you've ever run Rail Trail at Windrock it's quite mild compared to several offerings Harlan has. Pony Hill and Cream Puff when a little wet make Cable Hill look like a walk in the park.

I did make it to the top of Pony hill ,past that gigantic ledge and all the way to the top where is was muddy as hell and I couldn't get out....
Now you just need to make Upper Damnation and under estimated and you'll be batting 1000. I've been to Harland twice and I love the place. If you go you need to bring your lights the best time to ride is night.

kid rok said:
Now you just need to make Upper Damnation and under estimated and you'll be batting 1000.
LMAO, Have you ever seen anyone take on Cream Puff in the totall darkness of night? I can honestly say I have no clue what it looks like from the the seat of a buggy or such, but from the bottom, watching those lights climb into the sky will make your hair stand up and you could pinch off a diamond just watching that **** :eek: Gawd I love Harlan!

Greg and Amy, have major balls thumb.gif