• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan

Also are you guys staying and entering at Putney or Bailey's Creek? Last time we stayed at Holiday Inn and entered through the Bailey's Creek Trailhead. You basically have to roll through the ghetto and that place is beyond shady. We had some guy cussing at us on the way in Saturday, about getting out of his fawking neighborhood you bunch of assholes. It is wierd to say the least

If you let me know how many are coming with you, I'll take care of renting a place for yall to stay. It will be on the bailey side. I'm suprised someone was yelling at you , most are glad to see you spending money in their town, with the exception of a few thieves and druggies.

I am trying to work on a group for the Memorial Day ride. But send me the other rides you have planned there over the summer, as something else might work better

BamaTJ said:
Where are you guys staying that weekend? I imagine it will be packed up there....
FWIW, I've been to Harlan about 5 times now and I've only been there for big events. I've never had a problem with crowds. Even when the event field is packed the trails seem to have so much more capacity than the other places I've been to that you never have to wait. The lone exception is if you want to get in line at little jagger or cream puff and put on a show in front of a crowd.

BamaTJ said:
Where are you guys staying that weekend? I imagine it will be packed up there....

Majority of the riding is done at night so crowds are not an issue then. Even during the day, they are not bad. Probably the longest wait during the day for me was on mason jar. Or, you could get on Your Turn and have most of your group break there and spend all day on it. Thats always exciting. Weather will play a huge factor in wait times also. Rain definately increases the wait, but you get to see alot more bug mashing assaults that are always fun to watch. Just be ready though, the heckling is fierce in our group.

I was wanting to go to the Memorial day ride as well. I have a couple friends here that go allot, and are planning to go that weekend as well. They run nice buggies and are crazy as hell.

BamaTJ said:
I am trying to work on a group for the Memorial Day ride. But send me the other rides you have planned there over the summer, as something else might work better
It looks like it is going to be really crowded for Memorial weekend, we had a hell of a time finding somewhere to stay. Matt, send me a PM letting me know when yall are thinking about going, I'll make sure we have a good, smaller crowd.

Travis I am not going to make this one, got too much to do around the house. Hope to get up there and wheel with you in the fall.