• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hatfield McCoy trails Ivy Branch

Re: Re: Hatfield McCoy trails Ivy Branch

we riding up late summer and try them trails out!!!! hell my crew will ride for hours to break stuff!!

scared to death!!!!!

2013-04-15_14-51-04_466.jpg

twentyfootdaredevil said:
How many trails are already cut?

Can you do everything in one or two days?

As of now there are 20-25 trails/obstacles ready to run. I think a group of 4-6 rigs could do everything in 2 days as long a breakage is not an issue. I'm working on a list of Trail Names with Pics and/or videos to help get the word out. Once its completed I'll be sure to post it.

Thats awesome. Hands down the coolest place i've ever ridden my dirtbike. I've been several times.

The towns and people are great there also.

Hope this project does really well.

Btw, there are some gnarly nasty straight up rocky wet your panties kind of hills in that part of the country. So i can only imagine.

Very cool place to ride and only 3 hrs from us here in Ohio. Lots of good trails and lots of good people. I'm sure ElCapitain will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are over 5000 acres.

onepieceatatime said:
Very cool place to ride and only 3 hrs from us here in Ohio. Lots of good trails and lots of good people. I'm sure ElCapitain will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are over 5000 acres.
Yes I'm thinking around 7000 acres. I live just a couple miles from ivy. Great place to ride and has everything from rocky creek trails to straight up hill climbs. I've traveled all over the east coast riding and it may sound a little bias but I've got the best riding of any place I've ever been right out my front door. I can ride for days and never cross the same road twice and never have to load up on a trailer to go, just pull out the driveway and 200 yards I'm off road. Hope some of you guys come and ride I'd be glad to show ya around or help you plan a trip. Chad :dblthumb:

twentyfootdaredevil said:
This place is high on my list. Do you camp at the trail head or travel some to find a campsite?
Ivy used to be a coal mining community back in the day. Then was deep mined by southern Appalachian coal until around 1979,80 and they pulled out. Since then it's been open to ride and use as you wish. People have been camping and having reunions and get togethers at will,but now that hatfeild and McCoy have it it's got RULES. I'm not sure if they will let ya camp in there right now. They are people setting up places to camp and stay as this is becoming an official park as of July 15th. They are camp sites set up on the little coal river side of the trails but would require about 4/5 miles of main road to get over to ivy. They are planning to build a bridge across the river to connect the two trail systems and then there will be lots of camping and riding. Also there is a motel about 8 miles up the road to stay and we have a place about 12 miles away to refill propane. As far as race fuel like 110/112 there nowhere even close to get it yet. There's a gas station and a restaurant about a 1/4 mile down road from ivy ( great food ). And a mini mart with a deli and stuff just off 119 on route 3 right before you get to ivy. It's still open as a free for all as of now if you want to come camp and stay in ivy and ride before they gate it off and open up. Chad :dblthumb: