• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Have you been to Stony Lonesome OHV?

Well.....a few months, a few guys with chainsaws and my opinion has totally changed.

Bounce Em If you Got Em.....there are officially bouncer trails open to the public

There is more than enough crawler trails to keep everyone happy and more are being cut in.

Two bounty hills exist.

5 hour drive.......yep it's now worth it

If you don't find the rocks and bouncer trails, call me and I'll take you right there. I live 30 minutes away and own three vehicles on 36-38 inch tires locked at both ends and there are minimum 12 trails that I wouldn't even attempt. There's an additional 10 that I may or may not make depending on how much the rocks moved from previous people riding the trails. And these will get better and I will continue to cut more. I scouted more trails today and found more rocks to uncover and cut trees away from or off of.

There is one called Three Kings that offers three straight up hill climbs that sit side by side that you can race your buddies on. I found a few hill shooter/wheel speed hills that need a name too. Maybe I'll get them marked/named this weekend.

If you are into mud, which I am not, there is mud in the swamp areas that will eat your 44inch boggers for lunch.

And last but not least, trail riding. I went on a six hour guided ride last night ride and never hit the same trail twice. We only covered about 1/3 of the park and had to winch twice. If you miss the rocks and trails, you are now officially going with the wrong people and your blinders were on. There are no leaves and I am personally starting to mark trails and rename them.

Soap box done, now someone come prove me wrong. booyang

lowbudget,
Think you could get them to update the pdf map with the new extreme crawler trails? I know the area where most of em are, but that would be helpful for first timers up there.

We'll have a group up there on Dec 28 for the night ride. Mostly side by sides though

I am going to write out a map with names and trail numbers. It will all be in words, but it will make sense when combined with their map.

They are going to update the map, but I put that on hold. I have cut in so many trails and have quite a few more to go before the engineering firm will come back out. I want to get one good map after the spring. I have a baby coming in February and my time to work on trails will slow down for a year or so. That should give them them enough time to update the map and it be current for a while.

The biggest key is looking for the caution tape and red signs with names on them. These designate trails that are bouncer/crawler friendly.

I will try and put up suggestions for stock, one locker and 33's, 35-37's two lockers and bouncers. It should give you a flow from trail to trail that won't keep you in the dust, give you a view of the other possible trails I could cut in and would keep you riding all day without riding the same trail twice.

The 28th will be a night ride. 8am until midnight. The single track is open as well and you can take the trails up to the cell tower which is not allowed during normal riding hours.

There will be a bonfire, the mud drags are open, the whole park is ready to go due to the rain. It should be the best ride of the year to date.

Jpyke15 said:
I was told riding at night wasn't allowed. Can anybody verify?

It isn't allowed unless it's special ride. The 28th will be a night ride and the park does them periodically throughout the year. Like them on facebook and you can get the updates on when they are doing what.

I went a few weeks ago in my rzr for a night ride. i met up with about 10 other rzrs and I had a dang great time . There was several fast trails with jumps AND WE WENT UP several of the advanced trails with no real problem . I did see a couple of hills i would not attempt on my rzr . As far as a ride all day , show off your 500hp 75k dollar rock bouncer, make a you tube video ,its probably not the park for you.... but If you want to trail ride in your buggy with the new girl friend or your family with a few good hills, camp in one of their cabins, cook out and have a dang good time on your rzr its a great park in my opinion. Some of the more "popular" parks are better suited for the big axle high hp rock bouncers. it seems to me at these parks there are about 3 to 1 spectators to actual drivers on the extreme hills. I do enjoy watching the show for a few minutes but i much rather be enjoying my jeep, buggy, rzr or whatever im in that day . I dont have the time to take off work or the money to put on a big show for every one to watch me tear my vehicle up. I enjoy a smaller more forgiving park over the HARD CORE parks specially since all i have now is a rzr i think its a great place to ride....

ADAM LEE KNOWS IM COOL

TRIPPER said:
I went a few weeks ago in my rzr for a night ride. i met up with about 10 other rzrs and I had a dang great time . There was several fast trails with jumps AND WE WENT UP several of the advanced trails with no real problem . I did see a couple of hills i would not attempt on my rzr . As far as a ride all day , show off your 500hp 75k dollar rock bouncer, make a you tube video ,its probably not the park for you.... but If you want to trail ride in your buggy with the new girl friend or your family with a few good hills, camp in one of their cabins, cook out and have a dang good time on your rzr its a great park in my opinion. Some of the more "popular" parks are better suited for the big axle high hp rock bouncers. it seems to me at these parks there are about 3 to 1 spectators to actual drivers on the extreme hills. I do enjoy watching the show for a few minutes but i much rather be enjoying my jeep, buggy, rzr or whatever im in that day . I dont have the time to take off work or the money to put on a big show for every one to watch me tear my vehicle up. I enjoy a smaller more forgiving park over the HARD CORE parks specially since all i have now is a rzr i think its a great place to ride....

ADAM LEE KNOWS IM COOL

Rock Bouncers could show out for a day there easy with the new trails. They just need a chauffeur to show them where the bad hills are at. :****:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Rock Bouncers could show out for a day there easy with the new trails. They just need a chauffeur to show them where the bad hills are at. :****:

Agreed. I have 100% faith that by this time next year Stony Lonesome will be youtube famous. I have a good group coming through on the 28th and a videographer to capture the still virgin trails. Brody went home after flipping his ride on one of the bounty hills. If Matt or Cole would have been there to film that weekend, we wouldn't still be having this conversation.

I was approached by a guy about putting a tube chassis at the top of one of the new hills. He wants to see the new hills and we are going to try and work a deal with the park, but I digress. Anyone that would put up $3000 worth of brand new chassis on my word, obviously believes the hills are worth a day of the bouncers time.

I know there are only a handful of folks that believe me, but this park has come a long ways in a very short period of time. Yes, this is RZR heaven. Yes, the mud is bountiful enough for any thoothless redneck with Groundhawgs to show that 37 cent grill off. But the hidden gem is the amount of rocks and elevation changes that are eerily similar to Grey Rock. I know it's surprising finding that kind of land 30 miles away with similar rocks, but I swear it's true. :dblthumb:

I have 2 more free passes for the $75k Rock Bouncers for the weekend of the 28th, that can come out and prove me wrong. I will be 100% shocked if they don't drive away happy to have shown up and be booking the next trip to see what other trails we have cut.

Just came across this thread. I`m coming to Cullman on Feb 28th and was trying to find something close by. These new trails you talking about will they be marked with tape still?? Or will they have map by then? Thought about trying Hawks pride or Choco just hate drive 75 miles either way and have to come back to cullman. Coming there for the NKC bulldog show. My wife gonna show our dogs and figured be a good time to gett some wheeling in.

10 fo.... I wasn`t sure at first reading first part of the thread but, looks like they done got some goood trails by reading the later post. They have cabins??

truckbroke said:
10 fo.... I wasn`t sure at first reading first part of the thread but, looks like they done got some goood trails by reading the later post. They have cabins??

They have everything. The park is top notch man. We were all shocked and super excited at the progress, you will not be disappointed on a 1-2 day trip for sure

95Jeep85 said:
How did the night ride on the 28th go? I know it rained but was it a decent turn out?

It was better than could be expected. There is an ongoing video thread that has some videos from the 27th when it was damp and the 28th when it was a sloppy mess.

We had twenty to thirty crawlers total if I had to guess.