• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Headliner material

skinny_pedal

Anyone know where to get headliner material with foam backing locally? Preferably in the south end. Need to fix the Cherokee headliner so I can pull the tacks out holding it up:redneck:

You could try calling Foam & Fabric on 84th (i think) between Park & Yakima. It's right across the street from the school there. They MAY have it, but a phone call will save a wasted drive.

JoAnn Fabrics. It doesn't have much of a foam backer it's pretty thin. You need to scrape clean the headliner panel and glue the new fabric on with headliner adhesive. My Cherokee used 2 aerosol cans. It came out sweet, cost about $60 and a Saturday afternoon. :awesomework:

If yours is a sunroof model you can buy mine I already did all the work. The rest of the car is getting parted and the brand new gray headliner looks really sweet. :;

Last edited:
JoAnn Fabrics. It doesn't have much of a foam backer it's pretty thin. You need to scrape clean the headliner panel and glue the new fabric on with headliner adhesive. My Cherokee used 2 aerosol cans. It came out sweet, cost about $60 and a Saturday afternoon. :awesomework:

If yours is a sunroof model you can buy mine I already did all the work. The rest of the car is getting parted and the brand new gray headliner looks really sweet. :;

The factory one doesn't have much for a foam backing? Did you use just regular material than?

Mines non sunroof otherwise I would proboly accept.

The factory one doesn't have much for a foam backing? Did you use just regular material than?

Mines non sunroof otherwise I would proboly accept.

JoAnn Fabrics stores have a small section in the back with rolls of automotive interior materials. They have a few colors of headliner fabric. It is a very thin foam-like fabric.

The headliner panel board in the car is also kinda foam-like. Remove the visors, rearview mirror, dome light and all the plastic trim pieces holding the headliner in. The whole panel should slide out the rear hatch. Then lay it on the floor and scrape and the chunks of old headliner off with a wire brush.

Lay the new fabric over it, pull back a side and start gluing it down. The spray can glue dries really fast so just do a small section at a time and work it smooth with no wrinkles. Be sure to leave a couple inches excess fabric to fold over the edges, especially in front. The roll of fabric is just wide enough (5ft I think) to do the width of a Cherokee headliner.

I second the JoAnn fabric.

That is where my brother got he material for his Probe's headliner. It worked great.
He used a type of glue (I don't know the brand/type) and it didn't hold at all, but he bought a 3M glue of some kind and it worked.

Latest posts