• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Health insurance going up again thanks OBAMA

Chuck19

Well it's official I got a letter from Bluecross Blueshield
That my health care premiums are going up again.
Jan. 1 2016 will be a 155% increase for me sense Jan.1 2015 with no increase in benefits except maternity and some wellness care one of which I'm sure I will never use?
My deductible did not go up from 5000$ but my out of pocket expense did to 6400$ per year!
This is just coverage on me.
So much for affordable health care !
Thanks OBAMA !
Any way sorry about my rant but I need to vent.
Has anyone else seen this kind of increase or is it just me?

For the past 3 years I have fought the battle in an attempt to align benefits with Obamacare while trying to keep costs down. The only way I've been able to somewhat keep up is by reducing/eliminating the benefits that went unused and roll the money into healthcare. This year we are forced to convert STD/LTD to an employee paid voluntary benefit as well as reducing the employer contribution on dental/vision. These are rarely used in our group and for the most part the funds were wasted.

Having said that, next year is going to be the beating. I have nowhere else to take from and costs will most certainly increase substantially. It's a real pain in the ass and consumes a ton of hours each year.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

"Affordable Healthcare" has and most likely will only be affordable for the people that already are a drain to society.

The people who are working, even small amounts, are paying for the people who sit on their ass and draw off the goverment.

j-mox said:
"Affordable Healthcare" has and most likely will only be affordable for the people that already are a drain to society.
^ This affordable only for the FSA (free **** army)
The libs figured out to keep em voting liberal - give them all the free **** they need and they will show up in droves and continue to push that button for more free ****.
Redistribution of wealth guys, happening right before your very eyes...

Part of my job change earlier this year was based solely on benefits. Old employer was small enough that they did not have to offer insurance so I just got by with a plan for the what-if situation. Just hit my 90 day period where I am eligible to enroll. Went from $99 a month personal "disaster" plan (basically dead on a table health then a ton out of pocket) to a $119.42 a month (health, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD with reasonable deductibles and $6000 out of pocket max). The same exact plan through United Healthcare would have cost me $367 a month if I hadn't gone to this employer but wanted the same coverage.

For the individual who has to cover their own premiums in full, the ACA is a giant crock of ****. Before it went into effect I was paying about what I am now, maybe a little more for the same coverage on my own. ACA into effect and the price more than doubled. Luckily I changed jobs about that time and was able to keep my premiums about the same due to the plan my employer offered. Left there for a complete career change and was thrown back into the realm of Unafforable Care Act or a tax penalty. I have never been one to go to the urgent care or doc for every cough, sneeze or wet fart. But between wheelin', racing dirtbikes and mountain bikes and skiing, my hobbies leave me at a huge risk. I was lucky for those two years. I chose the something is better than nothing disaster plan, however I would have actually saved money chancing it and just taking the tax penalty.

Its all about MONEY, its not healthcare its health business, look around your town or city, what do you see being built the most, its mainly hospitals and medical offices, healthcare lobbyists put money in the politicians pockets to pass obamacare and will continue to finance politicians, insurance is a fawking joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most terrible part is that politically it helps and pads the pockets of both parties. That's the number 1 reason it will never go away.

It's aggravating. I wish the Internet would crash permanently and our only tv was coaxial cable/public access

5BrothersFabrication said:
At what point do we start shooting democrats and get the country back? :dunno:

They are all crooks. Both sides of the aisle. Its a broken system all around and the crooks below the POTUS, who are just as guilty for getting us where we are, will continue to exploit the general population. Sit back and vote for the lesser of all evils.

Stretch said:
They are all crooks. Both sides of the aisle. Its a broken system all around and the crooks below the POTUS, who are just as guilty for getting us where we are, will continue to exploit the general population. Sit back and vote for the lesser of all evils.

I am fully aware of the political hack, been there since before Lincoln. But you will never eliminate it until you eliminate a moocher class.

Yes this country is going down fast ! We have taken GOD out of everything by force due to the wishes of a few liberal butt hurt people that make more noise than all the rest of us put together we are going to have to stand up unite and take this country back by force if nessesary. But that's just my opinion! :****:

Yup....I got the same letter in the mail yesterday. Mines going up another 40%. It nearly doubled last year when I was backhandedly forced to get on the ACA train.

This "affordable care" is coming directly out of the middle class/small business owners pockets. I don't see anything affordable about it at all. It costs me $400.00/month for a $6400.00 deductible without any co-pays or prescription coverage and I'm single. Bullshit.

Percentages can be a skewed way to label a cost increase. I guess technically we increased employee only healthcare for a $1500 deductible by 1100%. It went from $7 a month to $77 a month for the employee contribution amount.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

Chuck19 said:
Well it's official I got a letter from Bluecross Blueshield
That my health care premiums are going up again.
Jan. 1 2016 will be a 155% increase for me sense Jan.1 2015 with no increase in benefits except maternity and some wellness care one of which I'm sure I will never use?
My deductible did not go up from 5000$ but my out of pocket expense did to 6400$ per year!
This is just coverage on me.
So much for affordable health care !
Thanks OBAMA !
Any way sorry about my rant but I need to vent.
Has anyone else seen this kind of increase or is it just me?

We have BCBS also, I feel your pain. Also, our crooked as hell union (yes, the union for the US Border Patrol, a Federal Law Enforcement Agency, is about as criminally crooked as they can get) voted for us to take a $900 per month pay cut. Basically, the ****ing piece of **** national union president worked a dral that would only benefit senior union leaders.

One of my jobs is for the schools, and the only reason I work there is for the health insurance. It used to be great insurance till this year. I was single and they were taking $500/ month and had a $500 deductible. The school was paying for the deductible, which was nice.

Now that all changed this year, the school no longer pays the deductible which isn't bad because it's only $500. The problem I'm having now is I got married this summer and put my wife on the insurance. I'm paying the family plan now and that is $1,120.25 a month. No option to raise deductibles, still $500/person. Plus the school is taking out my $500 a month for me ($1620.25/month) I'm paying over $19,000 a year for health insurance to work at the schools. Mind you last year made just under $11,000.

How the hell can anyone that is trying to do the right thing going to afford this? Thank god I have my own business and can just barely pay for it all. I looked at other options but my wife is pregnant and we don't really want to change now because she is due in December. If and when the baby comes out healthy I'm seriously considering going self insured. God this makes me furious!

I need an MRI on shoulder and those bastards wanted $5,200 with my insurance ... I said fawk you. Called aroud and asked for a cash price and they said $650 for the type I need. FAwk it I'll just stay drunk on shine...

Pain in my ass also, my daughter went to dr. last week for sinus infection. Went to CVS to pick up medicine, $325 with insurance, $145 if I payed out of my pocket without insurance. I have heard ours is going up after the first of the year.

I guess I'm blessed because I work for the government and it cost me 400 a month for BCBS and I have a 20$ copay and have never paid more than 1.50 for any prescription for my two kids or myself. Most prescriptions are like 0.89.

Hey you pay for it one or another unless you're in congress. Your pay will always be set and regulated by your government rather than the free market.

Matter of fact it's us in the free market that pay for you to have such a peachy sweet financial structure. You're welcome. Said with love fellow wheeling brother :)