• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Health insurance going up again thanks OBAMA

I have a 12 buck copay, no deductible, and my company pays for all of it. Thats family coverage. Weve had a broken leg, shoulder surgery, neck surgery, gall bladder surgery, and rear end surgery... Still havent spent 100 bucks yet... 5 dollar prescriptions, unless mail order, then theyre free.. Yep,,, those unions dont do anything for you....alls good till the obama cadillac tax hits us

Re:

I guess I'm blessed, my employer pays for my bcbs medical and the eye and dental since I'm single.

It sucks but this whole thing is designed to destroyed this great nation.

It is about to get much worse. Have you heard of the Cadillac tax? That is the name of the tax in ObamaCare that is supposed to fund it all. I am an employer, over 50 people. Ive been in our healthcare meetings over the last few weeks so we can pick the plans we will be offering. The last 3 years its been the same thing. The provider tells us its going up 15-18% we do our best to eat as much of the increase as possible and pass as little as possible on to employees. The increases are so bad at this point, we can't afford to keep eating them.

Now on to the Cadillac tax. It starts in 2018. It's a 40% tax on all companies over 50 employees. a 40% tax on every cent my company spends on healthcare. It costs us about $2,000 per month, per employee to have healthcare. so in 2018 we will have to pay a $800 tax on that, per employee, per month. That's roughly $10,000/yr per employee. For 60 employees that's a $600,000 tax. It will put companies out of business. Here is the kicker, the tax is also on all monies that an employee spends on healthcare. So if an employee puts $100 into an HSA or FSA, THE COMPANY pays a $40 tax on that.

It will break the economy in the first month. http://www.cigna.com/aboutcigna/informed-on-reform/cadillac-tax.
OR Every small business in the USA will be dropping healthcare in 2018 and force us all to the exchange... hello single payer.

A prime example of why Health Insurance is so darn expensive:

I had a guy get injured on the job and our company paid the bills out of pocket. He did not file it on any insurance so he got a uninsured discount. The bill was originally $230. After the discount it was $176 so a 30% discount. It had another option to pay early and get an additional 10% off. So, by being UNINSURED you get a 40% discount and most small policies only cover 50% anyway or at least up to a certain point. So, if you are young and don't nearly die you are losing a few grand a year by being insured. I am not sure what the penalty is though for being uninsured.

Poke said:
It costs us about $2,000 per month, per employee to have healthcare. so in 2018 we will have to pay a $800 tax on that, per employee, per month. That's roughly $10,000/yr per employee. For 60 employees that's a $600,000 tax.

What kinda damn insurance do you offer that is $2000 per employee per month?

matth_85 said:
What kinda damn insurance do you offer that is $2000 per employee per month?
I just signed the papers about 3 min ago renewing for 2016. The numbers are correct. It's supposed to be good insurance but every year the cost goes up and the coverage goes down.

Edit - That's how much it costs to offer insurance. People don't think about how much of a benefit health insurance actually is. It costs a ton to offer.

Last year mine went from $650 to $800. I received my letter yesterday saying this year it's going from $800 to $950. This is for my family of 3. I used my insurance ONCE this year and they denied the claim. $9600 this year for nothing, $9600 in the trash. $11400 next year. Sad thing is, I know lots of families have it worse than me.

Poke said:
It is about to get much worse. Have you heard of the Cadillac tax? That is the name of the tax in ObamaCare that is supposed to fund it all. I am an employer, over 50 people. Ive been in our healthcare meetings over the last few weeks so we can pick the plans we will be offering. The last 3 years its been the same thing. The provider tells us its going up 15-18% we do our best to eat as much of the increase as possible and pass as little as possible on to employees. The increases are so bad at this point, we can't afford to keep eating them.

Now on to the Cadillac tax. It starts in 2018. It's a 40% tax on all companies over 50 employees. a 40% tax on every cent my company spends on healthcare. It costs us about $2,000 per month, per employee to have healthcare. so in 2018 we will have to pay a $800 tax on that, per employee, per month. That's roughly $10,000/yr per employee. For 60 employees that's a $600,000 tax. It will put companies out of business. Here is the kicker, the tax is also on all monies that an employee spends on healthcare. So if an employee puts $100 into an HSA or FSA, THE COMPANY pays a $40 tax on that.

It will break the economy in the first month. http://www.cigna.com/aboutcigna/informed-on-reform/cadillac-tax.
OR Every small business in the USA will be dropping healthcare in 2018 and force us all to the exchange... hello single payer.

That was the plan from the start. :gtfo: of my White House :JRich:

Back to the top for my third cancellation notice in 3 years. Every year I pay more and get less. I hope that Obama and any politician that voted for that bill gets slowly murdered with a dull spoon.

Yup my biweekly payment next year is going from $96 to $219 for the same coverage from the same company. Nothing changing other than the calendar date.

Someone has got to pay for it!!! Just wait til all the people that can't afford college get in for free!

Just cancel the ****...I decided **** it when they told me that mine was going to cost $1200 per month for coverage for my wife and I. The out of pocket also went up to 2k before they would pay a dime. I canceled it all together and honestly hope for the best. I've had to go to a doc in the box a couple times for sinus problems and if youll walk in and so I aint got **** for insurance but will pay CASH right now if you make the price reasonable they get real cheap. I paid $50 to see the doc and get a shot for the flu last time WITHOUT insurance...hell it cost $35 before with my insurance. The big kick right in the balls is that on my taxes last year the govt hit us for $1600 penalty for not having insurance...pissed me the hell off but I still came out lots of money ahead through the year not paying $1200 a month for insurance that sucks donkey balls anyhow. :steps off soapbox:

jimbo0076 said:
Just cancel the ****...I decided **** it when they told me that mine was going to cost $1200 per month for coverage for my wife and I. The out of pocket also went up to 2k before they would pay a dime. I canceled it all together and honestly hope for the best. I've had to go to a doc in the box a couple times for sinus problems and if youll walk in and so I aint got **** for insurance but will pay CASH right now if you make the price reasonable they get real cheap. I paid $50 to see the doc and get a shot for the flu last time WITHOUT insurance...hell it cost $35 before with my insurance. The big kick right in the balls is that on my taxes last year the govt hit us for $1600 penalty for not having insurance...pissed me the hell off but I still came out lots of money ahead through the year not paying $1200 a month for insurance that sucks donkey balls anyhow. :steps off soapbox:

We can't afford to use our insurance any more. It's only there for catastrophic crap and my daughter. My wife and I have gone to the Doc in a Box and paid cash for everything we've needed since Obamacare started. I pay 38% more for insurance every month than I do my house payment. Insurance is my highest single bill.

patooyee said:
We can't afford to use our insurance any more. It's only there for catastrophic crap and my daughter. My wife and I have gone to the Doc in a Box and paid cash for everything we've needed since Obamacare started. I pay 38% more for insurance every month than I do my house payment. Insurance is my highest single bill.

Gota fawking love it . This country is going to hell quick :'(

jimbo0076 said:
Just cancel the ****...I decided **** it when they told me that mine was going to cost $1200 per month for coverage for my wife and I. The out of pocket also went up to 2k before they would pay a dime. I canceled it all together and honestly hope for the best.

Man, hope you don't have any issues, it can add up quick. My bills are still coming in. But, so far in the last month.

Total submitted bills: $210,772.24
Blue Cross Paid after negiotation: $167,711.68

My deductables: $536.00
My Co-Pay: $2,003.00

If something happened to someone in your family, where would you come up with the $170k? Just something to think about.

Re:

Yep. We've got 500k in my boys face right now. Getting tubes for the second time in the coming weeks and have minimum 7 more surgeries scheduled, we've already had 6. Putting it in "God's hands" and hoping for the best is an option, but the risk reward numbers just don't add up. It sucks paying insurance, but it's worse not paying for it the one time you need it.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk