• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Heavy METAL--1.9 scaler build thread

HotRodJosh

I think I'm going crazy....I keep starting new projects instead of finishing the one's I've got....hahaha! But this ****'s fun, so why not right???:redneck:

Here's what I built this morning....had the day off work, so started in on a 1.9 sized scale rig to run along with my 2.2.

Pede trans on 20 ga. sheetmetal, split 1/2" square tube, some brakeline and welding wire and here it is.....:cool:

I think I'll run full leaf springs on it....but with some 1/4 ellipticals on the rear for more droop....

Stay tuned.....unless I get sidetracked with something else.....hahaha!!!:beer:

Frame1.jpg

Frame3.jpg

Frame2.jpg

Frame4.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaha...no problem!!!
I did get a few parts, but I've been working on the tuber.
Still need axles.

Here we go.....made some U-bolts, rear springs and some plates to mount my Dana 60's.
I'll have some tabs on the spring plates to mount up shocks.

19axle001.jpg

19axle002.jpg

work faster. I like where this is headed. :cool:

what are the overall plans? What body you running? Are you doing an interior? How bout steering, you going to run a frame mounted servo and run a tie-rod/drag link?

work faster. I like where this is headed. :cool:

what are the overall plans? What body you running? Are you doing an interior? How bout steering, you going to run a frame mounted servo and run a tie-rod/drag link?

Haha...yeah. I've got too many irons in the fire. Between this, a couple of cars I'm prepping for paint and my son, I'm having a hard time juggling it all!

I've got a Toyota cab and will be building a tube back half. There are alot of Toyota builds runnin' around, but I hope this one will stand out from the crowd. It'll have killer paint.:awesomework: I'd like to do an interior....it'll depend on how much room I have once electrics are installed.
Yes, servo will be frame mounted....I've even considered mounting the servo mid-chassis and building a separate steering arm to resemble a steering box. That way you won't see the servo hanging there up-side down. May not have room that way however.

Dude..once i sell my ih.. I think i want you to build me a scaler.. 73-87 chevy on those bogger looking tires would be sick :) well talk later..

ps..how much jing ($$$) goes into these scaler builds??

letme know if you would be intersted.. im serious.. it would be damn cool :cool:

Dude..once i sell my ih.. I think i want you to build me a scaler.. 73-87 chevy on those bogger looking tires would be sick :) well talk later..

ps..how much jing ($$$) goes into these scaler builds??

letme know if you would be intersted.. im serious.. it would be damn cool :cool:

Yeah, I was going to do a '81-7 Chevy, Clod buster body....but decided on a 'Yota.:awesomework: The Clod body is a little smaller scale and would look like a monster with the bigger 2.2's...1.9's are just right for those.

As for $$$, I'd rather not say...haha! Actually, most of it depends on your axles and trans. If ya get a deal on 'em, along with electronics, it's not bad. But it can get out of hand REALLy fast...haha!:D

I'd help ya with a chassis if ya wanted to build something like this.....:beer:

Yeah, I was going to do a '81-7 Chevy, Clod buster body....but decided on a 'Yota.:awesomework: The Clod body is a little smaller scale and would look like a monster with the bigger 2.2's...1.9's are just right for those.

As for $$$, I'd rather not say...haha! Actually, most of it depends on your axles and trans. If ya get a deal on 'em, along with electronics, it's not bad. But it can get out of hand REALLy fast...haha!:D

I'd help ya with a chassis if ya wanted to build something like this.....:beer:

nice..truck may be sold tommorow..he test drove it and wheeled it too..lol..he couldnt believe what the old cornbinder could do.. i was like dude..its an international...lol... he needs a few hundred bucks though..lol

Proooooooogress.
Made leaf springs, shackles and U-bolts and got the suspension mounted. Front shocks are Tamiya and rears are SCX-10. The rears are temporary.

Also made a cab back. Next up is building a tube back half.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

Had Friday off....so I spent the morning building a tube back half. There is a receiver mount for a winch, a small bed area for tools and cooler, and an SCX-10 radio box.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Sat.....went wheelin' over in Tahuya, but when I got home, went back to work on the Yota. Made a bumper and a few additions to the tube bed.
Also had a small box on my doorstep....some scale items, a grill and some wheels. So I threw the Swampers on to see how it looks.
They tuck in the fenders really nice.

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

man this thing looks sick i would like to build a toyota scaler with some dual rate coilovers but first i need to get the crawler built a little better :haha:

but man good work on the back half :awesomework:

Some closeup pics......I'm going to make a new draglink tonight to fix the obvious problem....haha!

MVC-001F-1.jpg

MVC-002F-1.jpg

MVC-003F-1.jpg

Also made a different bumper......but it may not stay.

MVC-005F.jpg

MVC-006F-1.jpg

Stripped the frame down and painted everything...charcoal frame, dull aluminum tubing with some green fogging.

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg