• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ScaleReady's 4dr JK build(Picture Heavy)

PHILLBILLY1

I got this NewBright Jk body a little while ago. Always dug these bodies. Time to chop it up and give it a make over.

I started with a stock body, pretty much uncut. Started taking pictures of progress after I cut the bottom of the body off, and built the crusher corners.

Small parts list:
Built wraith axles
2.2 VP DH wheels
2.2 Proline TSL sx's
Mamba max pro ESC
Wraith trans loaded with steel gears and HH 7t puller motor
RC4WD 110mm dual rate scale shocks
Junfac steel driveshafts
CC BEC

Here it goes!

m6.jpg

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

Last edited:
Got the chassis started off with the main skidplate/lower link mount. Threw some links in there for mock-up.

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

These bodies are pretty wide, so I knew I needed to cut the lower part of the body off, and build boat sides/sliders.

m7.jpg

m8.jpg

m10.jpg

Built some fender tubes for a little body protection:awesomework: Nice and low profile, so I can fit in tighter spots.

tf.jpg

Notice, I have them dive back behind the grill. Dont want to ruin the look of the kick ass front clip it has:awesomework:

tf1.jpg

Built some rub rails for the rear as well.:awesomework:

r-1.jpg

r1-1.jpg

r2-1.jpg

Got the rear linked and got the shocks mounted up. Now the rear is on it's own weight finally. Starting to come together a little:awesomework:

rs1.jpg

rs.jpg

My favorite part so far is this removable shock cage I built for the front.
The front is going to be 3linked by the way..

jkjeep001.jpg

See how tight it fits to the hood...

jkjeep004.jpg

This is already installed in the last post. It all fits under the hood stealth-like.

Built a 3link/panhard truss for the front end. Pretty happy with how it turned out:awesomework:
(Pictures show it installed on a spare rear axle I have...not a front)
linktruss1.jpg

linktruss.jpg

linktruss2.jpg

Cool! Makes me want to tear into mine.....diff go boom with new motor :redneck:

I like the truss I might just steal that idea :awesomework:

Cool! Makes me want to tear into mine.....diff go boom with new motor :redneck:

I like the truss I might just steal that idea :awesomework:

I made it from 3/16" plate. I just ripped a strip about 5/16 wide or so, and broke it to fit. I am going to redo the rear truss to match it. I like how clean and lowprofile it is. :awesomework:

Hopefully! If not, I will power out:redneck:

I knew I wanted it as low as I could and still be functional, that's why I did the boatsides. These things are so wide...

hell yeah they are wide. I made the mistake of making mine wide last year. I immediately sold it. yours looks great. should work good. :awesomework:

hell yeah they are wide. I made the mistake of making mine wide last year. I immediately sold it. yours looks great. should work good. :awesomework:

I am hoping it performs well. It's going to go to the rubicon and fordyce this year for a real world test! I just gotta get it dialed in before hand.

Got a little more done to the chassis....

Front is 4linked. Decided to can the idea of 3link. I just want it done! So I had to build a new truss for the steering to mount to.... Here it is at it's ride height.

jkjeep010.jpg

New crawlin course..
jkjeep011.jpg

jkjeep007.jpg

jkjeep008.jpg

jkjeep009.jpg

Love this picture...
jkjeep012.jpg

Got the 'B' pillars started tonight. They're not done yet....
Also got the steering mounted up and draglink built:awesomework:
I piled all the electronics in there tonight to tease myself. This thing has some power! Can't wait to finish it now:awesomework:

jkjeep014.jpg

jkjeep015.jpg

jkjeep013.jpg

Front bumper is done! :awesomework:
Simple and clean, yet effective:awesomework: Now all my steering is tucked behind the bumper and out of harms way.

mybumper1.jpg

mybumper.jpg