• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Heims

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
So wyatt got this blingy new PSC cylinder for me to put on. I'm trying to put it on. He got it with 5/8" heims. currently it has 3/4" bolts. ****. the new ram is actually set up with male ends that screw in, the old one with females that thead on. that means that the newer one is shorter, and now we will be able to steer right while using the same mounts. It also means I need to go to the getting store tomorrow and buy $50 in rod ends :-\ **** it, its only money. I was really looking forward to going out and jumping this thing tonight hitit

Kelly, sweet, thats exactly what I thought once I had it in hand, it looked like it would be real close with the tape.
I never even thought about the heim size....****! I'll give you the dough for the heims on Friday. Gitt'er done SON!

either the heims needed screwed out 1/2" or the mounts needed moved. I decided to move the mounts and run with the 5/8" bolts. I welded the misalignment spacers to the tabs directly. whoever thought of this was a ****ing genious. I wouldn't ahve it any other way now. I got to my last weld on my last tab and ran out of wire. it was 8:30, time to call it a night, have to be in at 5:30.
I don't know that this will make it "proper" steering. I could have moved the mount on the other setup and had full right turn. Simple deal, less fab than tonight. what it does at speed that I don't like is it doesn't react quickly enough. its like you could sit there at an idle and turn it lock to lock with your pinky as long as you took 4 seconds to do it. if you tried to rob on it, even revved, it just doesn't want to go any faster than like 2+ seconds. I don't know if that's an orbital issue or a flow from the pump issue. I feel the cylinder isn't going to do a whole hell of a lot because the other one feels good to stroke. The ports are the right size. we will see Tuesday, as I am working on the house tomorrow.
Jack lift kit.......if the buggy doesn't get done, it doesn't get done.