• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Helmet tech.

Horus

I am taking the mommy wagon racing at the end of the month. They are requiring me to wear a "bitch hat". What do you guys wear and recommend. It must be DOT approved. Not really wanting a full face helmet.

Thanks.

Simpson Pit Warrior Helmet.

Best for crew and off road enthusiasts
Ultra light composite shell, approximately 2 lbs.
Wide field of vision, open face design
Removable, washable interior
14 strategically placed vents offer excellent air flow.
Factory installed radio communications available.
Color: Matte Black only

850-1450023.jpg

You looking for something to buy now for continued use, or a "one time thing". For a one time thing, beg/borrow/steal a motocross/bike helmet and get the job done. If you find yourself doing this frequently, then start shopping for a good one.

I use an older MX helmet a buddy gave me cause the price was right and it gets he job done, as I progress I'll upgrade. Get a neck roll however, they help.

^^^ That helmet looks pretty sweat however.....

You looking for something to buy now for continued use, or a "one time thing". For a one time thing, beg/borrow/steal a motocross/bike helmet and get the job done. If you find yourself doing this frequently, then start shopping for a good one.

I use an older MX helmet a buddy gave me cause the price was right and it gets he job done, as I progress I'll upgrade. Get a neck roll however, they help.

^^^ That helmet looks pretty sweat however.....

It does look like a sweet helmet. Looking through various websites it looks like what I'd like is a half helmet. I can get away with one of those for now. If I need a full face one I can pick it up later.

This would be for when I'm out wheelin and know I'm gonna get into the ****, as well as a basic DOT helmet for races only requiring as much.

It does look like a sweet helmet. Looking through various websites it looks like what I'd like is a half helmet. I can get away with one of those for now. If I need a full face one I can pick it up later.

This would be for when I'm out wheelin and know I'm gonna get into the ****, as well as a basic DOT helmet for races only requiring as much.

I have a brand new half helmet that I got as a spare last year, if it fits you can have it for $20, I also have a larger one that I'll give you. I wear a 7-1/4" hat.

I thought Canadian's were issued a helmet at birth? :fawkdancesmiley:

They wouldn't let my family across unless we took them off. :booo:
:fawkdancesmiley:

Thanks for the offer Jaydog. I stopped by my dad's place yesterday and it turns out he has a selection of half helmets. That and our skulls are strikingly similar in shape and size so I am covered in that department. I am still contemplating picking up a full helmet such as the one Jeepasaurusrex posted a pic of just to have. Would have needed it had I been able to make the Port Townsend comp.

I should also clarify that the Idaho X Rocks is not racing so much as it is rock crawling. Either way I can't wait.
:awesomework: