• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HELP another f250 problem

Damnyankee

OK, well.. i'm getting kinda of tired of this.

I'm still in mexico and my wife calls me today and she said that she was driving along and my 02 7.3L just died.

It started right back up no problem.

it did this a total of 3 times today.
Only thing she said is that it felt like it was shifting late.. but it may have been cold.

any ideas?
I'm going to be home saturday afternoon, but i have to have this thing 100% by wednesday next week or my vacation that has been planned for 1 year will be a no go.

HELP

Check engine light??? I think you replaced the cam sensor last go 'round, but sounds like yer typical cam sensor issue...was this the first day it's happened???

Check engine light??? I think you replaced the cam sensor last go 'round, but sounds like yer typical cam sensor issue...was this the first day it's happened???

no check engine light.
I was thinking cam sensor.

yes, i did change it with a cheapo (even though i had the new ford recall replacement) to see if that was the problem before. My buddy threw the good ford one in the back of his van and lost it.

its been running great. today was the first day it happened.

I had the missus change the CPS and it hasn't done it again. I will get a spare and put it in the glove box. along with a 10mm wrench.

damn supid fords.