• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help Me Plan a trip to Europe.

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
Wife is on my ass hard about Europe. Need to plan a trip anywhere from 7-10 days, wanted to make it 14-16 but the exchange rate sucks and is not looking like it is going to happen. Planning on an April or May trip, is that a good time? Where should we go over there? I have always wanted to do London, Paris, Germany, Amsterdam, and Italy, but I realize I may not make them all in one trip. What is the best way to book? Package deal or just plan it on your own

Matt O. said:
Wife is on my ass hard about Europe. Need to plan a trip anywhere from 7-10 days, wanted to make it 14-16 but the exchange rate sucks and is not looking like it is going to happen. Planning on an April or May trip, is that a good time? Where should we go over there? I have always wanted to do London, Paris, Germany, Amsterdam, and Italy, but I realize I may not make them all in one trip. What is the best way to book? Package deal or just plan it on your own

Lots will say take the train.

Me, I like to drive over there. The Autobahn is worth it and Michelin makes great maps.

10 days.....

Fly to London, 2 days max.....Chunnel to Paris, 3 days with one of them taking a train out to Normandy and the train back. Overnight train to Munich. Rent car.

4 days in Germany...Bavaria is the best part of Europe hands down. Neuswanstein (Ludwig's castle/Disney Castle), Berchestgarten, Munich (beer houses), Black Forest

Julie and I spent 10 days and we never left Germany. If you can talk her into that, I promise you I can lay out the mad bomb Germany excursion. Germany is the best. Skip Amsterdam, unless you want to get high or screw a whore, that is not worth the time in the agenda.

French Riviera.......come awn....

I could also spend a week in Italy.

Rome and Florence.....

I love it...leet me know how I can help.

You could spend 14 days just in Italy.

London...hohum, but you got to hit it.
Paris, another must,a nd you could spend 3 days here easy.
Amsterdam, 1 day will be enough, unless you and the wife are into weed and prostitutes.
Austria, Switzerland, then through the Dolomites into Northern Italy.
Hit Venice, and Rome. If you can hit more stuff in Italy, you can day trip through Piza on the way between Venice and Florence or on your way to rome. If you get a chance to make it south of Rome go through Naples see Pompei, but stay further south like Sorrento.

Or avoid Italy and do the French Riviera, on into Spain and Portugal. Equally good finishes to trips. I think southern europe is where its at.
Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Prague, none of those ever interested me, but all my buddies that have been to Prague say its off the hook for parties and nightlife.

The two places that interest me the most are Italy and Germany. I think Italy would be really cool and pretty romantic. This trip is all about the wife, so gearing if for things a woman would enjoy is my goal. If I could do the majority of the trip in one of those countries and thin spned a day or two in London and Paris I would be very happy. Give me some ideas and best ways to plan/book?

The drive from Bavaria (southern Germany/Alps) through Lake Louise to Venice, then Florence to Rome would be a good trip.

Rome is off the hook as is Florence. I was stationed in Germany for 2.5 yrs and was deployed to Italy for 6 months while we were bombing the **** out of Serbia in the mid-90's.

I think Germany and Italy can be done in one trip. Car in Germany for 3-4 days, overnight train to Rome. You don't need a car there, train to Florence, overnight train back to Munich and fly out.

Latest posts