Where are the best deals?

I'd love to order today. :cool:

Last edited:
May have already found my answer...

A guy from another forum suggested http://www.motorcityreman.com/

I called them up and talked to a dude who pointed me right at this

motorcityreman_2015_37068853

http://www.motorcityreman.com/gm-1wirecs130.html

Said it'll convert me to a 1 wire but that it'd bolt right up. They'll send it with a pulley for serpentine too. $135 for a 160 amp.

Pull the 1 wire alt from the 3.8L taurus you got the fan from... they are 100-130 amp.

Already got the 160. Figure that should keep me covered :cool: I did find out though after calling my dad today that he has a taurus fan just sitting around that he was gonna use while trouble shooting his scrambler before finally going with a mechanical and better shroud. He's gonna put it in the mail. :clappy: for free fans!

My dad has more **** laying around... :haha:

I've got a 100amp Powermaster,coming up on a year with a PC1200 Odysey battery and so far so good.My only gripe is at idle the output of the Alt. seems pretty anemic...it is obviously doing enough ,but with the fuel pump and both fans on,I think it's on the low side.I may go to a smaller pulley so the Alt. spins faster at idle to increase it's output at low RPM's.

Those 160amp Alt's seem pretty gnarly:awesomework:

I've got a 100amp Powermaster,coming up on a year with a PC1200 Odysey battery and so far so good.My only gripe is at idle the output of the Alt. seems pretty anemic...it is obviously doing enough ,but with the fuel pump and both fans on,I think it's on the low side.I may go to a smaller pulley so the Alt. spins faster at idle to increase it's output at low RPM's.

Those 160amp Alt's seem pretty gnarly:awesomework:

My guess is I'll be getting a new batt, but I'll charge up my red top (it's been run beyond drained a few times now) and see what it does. I wish I would've seen 4Xjunkie's post before ordering the one I did as his states a higher amp at idle, but oh well. Mine claims 75-80 at idle which I'm assuming will be enough to get by, and it comes in a good bit cheaper after shipping.

Interesting... you decide to go on an ordering spree on a day when you know I won't have internet access.... :eeek: :haha:

.... Just get the damn this running already. Sheesh! :rolleyes: