• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Home Surveillance Cameras

highrolrcustoms

Been having a lot of snooping people around the area lately. Had a few neighbors with there vehicles broken into during the night also. Think its time to add a Home Surveillance system. Not looking to spend thousands. Just something basic with 4-8 cameras and night vision. We currently have a dog in a fenced lot and she lets us know if anyone comes close but if we aren't home it doesn't do any good. Just tonight she was braking non stop and we looked outside to see someone near our back yard shed with a flashlight. By the time I got clothes on and grabbed the pistol and spot light they were gone. Also the dog pin gate has had the clasp removed from the hinge and some of the chain link fence ties were taken off as to try and let the dog escape. Luckily we have 5 vehicles so it looks like someone is always home and we keep the car hauler parked up next to the house and use a vehicle to block it in. I have looked into the systems that harbor freight sells and Walmart sells. Both actually have pretty good reviews. Both run just under $300. Any other suggestions? Systems doesn't have be wireless or anything special.

I just bought and installed a 4 channel system with night vision from Costco and love it so far. We have an open yard with heavy equipment and trucks that get broken into and fuel stolen out of them and this has helped catch them bastads. It has a remote monitoring set up as well so you can check in on your phone. I think it was around $300-$400. :dblthumb:

Lots of light, and an obvious overt camera will eliminate most problems. The systems sold at the above liked retailers work just fine for most residential installs, but when the lights are out, and your relying on the built in IR illumination to identify a trespasser, you are likely going to be very disappointed. A commercial grade camera sells for more than the entire four camera system with DVR at Costco, and it needs decent light too. Buy the cheap system, supplement it with some lighting, and more than likely your problem will go away.

Anyone have suggestions for a good wireless system. I spray foamed my house walls, ceiling and have zero attic access as I used every square inch of my house.

Been using the ARLO system for over a month, got the SAMS Club kit that comes with outdoor mounts. They recently created a "Geo Fencing" protection mode so it automatically goes into "ARMED" mode when my wife or I leave the house (cell phone App GPS). Then automatically goes into the scheduled "ARMED" mode at night.

EDIT
I've thought about adding independent infrared illuminator to increase night visibility.

Re:

Not a bad idea to have cameras at house esp now days. Yesterday here locally a lady shot a guy breaking into their vehicles.. police watched the video saw exactly what happened case closed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk